Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Learning Curve 4/5 & 4/6 Route 66

Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Learning Curve 4/5 & 4/6 Route 66

http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/2008/learncurve.html

I was an instructor for this last year (First time instructing!) and will likely be one again this year.

Real life got in the way last summer and I was not able to get out to as many events as I wanted to though , hopefully this year will be better.

Sign up early, there is only 100 spots available. I just checked and there are 24 registered right now, but don't let that fool you it will fill up quickly. I only had two students last year, so the instructor to student ratio is often excellent.

The Learning Curve is a fantastic way to get your fet wet and start your autocross activities with a good base on how to do things right. It's two days long and you will get lots of seat time driving yourself as well as riding along with your instructor.

Don't miss it!!!

Jerry

Here is a link to last years discussion ahead of and after the event, it's worth a read through in my opion as some of the posts will answer some FAQ's.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=467581&st=0

If you going to drive your S2000 your car will be in class AS if it is unmodified. See these charts for other classing tips and cars.

http://www.scca.com/documents/Solo%20Rules...tionsbymake.pdf

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/index.shtml
Old 03-03-2008, 02:43 PM

to Jerry - he was my instructor last year. Lots of fun and learned a lot. would definitely recommend this thing to anyone who's never autocrossed or even only autocrossed a few times.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:57 PM

whats the cost?

-Sam
Old 03-04-2008, 05:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well ur last part answered my question about whether this was S2000 specific or not.

ill inform my roomate. he used to race his focus when we lived in pittsburgh, and just moved to chicago 2 months ago. hes gettin a wrx or sti, and likely will need a few pointers and seat time with the new car.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:50 AM

The cost is $125. Very reasonable for 2 days of driving/instruction and two lunches in my opinoin!!! Click the very top link in my original post for the event flyer with all the info.

Edit- DOH it's $120, which is even a BETTER bargain. Sorry about that.

TY for your kind words hondabert.

There are 32 students signed up now. I have copied the car list ONLY as I don't want to post names up on a public forum. You can see there is a WIDE range of cars, it will get even more varied as the roster fills up too.

I have seen everything from AMG Merc's/Vipers/Porsche CS4's to total hoopties on the Autox course. One guys car was such a POS a couple years ago the officials ended up DQ'g him (not at the Learning Curve), but he was out there for a couple runs!!!

Year/Make/Model
Old 03-07-2008, 02:46 AM

i went a few years ago with it being my first event. pretty good event, in my opinion. i was goin to the dragon a few weeks later and wanted some experience, and i definitely think it helped with not going over the side of the cliff!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by rustywave,Mar 7 2008, 06:46 AM
i went a few years ago
Great event!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by pushin9,Mar 7 2008, 10:02 AM
Great event!
sounds cool
Old 03-10-2008, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBS2K,Mar 2 2008, 11:15 AM
Here is a link to last years discussion ahead of and after the event, it's worth a read through in my opion as some of the posts will answer some FAQ's.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=467581&st=0
Here's a different thread on the same subject. This one's from the Scoobie people:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1212494

See you all there.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:07 AM

Seems a lot of folks are interested in this, but they aren't sure how the whole SCCA membership works. New for this year, everyone's required to be an SCCA member if he/she is running an SCCA sanctioned event (for example a TSSCC event at Rt. 66).

The weekend membership costs $15.00 and is good for the weekend (duh )
The cost of said weekend membership is included in the entry fee for the Learning Curve school, so the $120.00 is all the student has to pay.
The student then can apply the $15.00 credit towards the full membership, as long as it's done within 60 days.

Words from the wise:
"And in case no one has picked up on this, the students can still use that as a $15 credit towards a full membership (as long as it is within 60 days). So if a student goes to the first event, they basically get an annual membership for the cost of the temporary at Event #1 (if they are under 25).

$15 credit for LC
$15 credit for Event #1
$15 credit for referral

First Gear membership is $45"

So it's $30.00 off your full membership if you're planning to run the learning curve and the 1st event of the season, and another $15.00 if you indicate which full/season member referred you. If you're under 25 years old, the full membership is free (assuming you were to run two events within 60 days of each other). If you're over 25, it will cost you a little more

Oh, while we're at it - I'll gladly refer anyone if he/she's looking to become a member - just drop me a PM. 15 bucks less for you and 5 bucks credit to my name is a win-win situation

And I forgot not everyone always knows how to get to Rt.66.
This should help.
Go to http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/eventsites.html and click the 1st link (Google Maps).

Quick Reply: Learning Curve 4/5 & 4/6 Route 66