Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

S2000 Expo Postponed

Old 04-30-2005, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Expo Postponed

Since December I have had alot of things change in my personal life...some good, most not so good. Since January then end of January I have not been home for more than 4 days at a time. With everything going on right now I just dont have the time to get this event together this year. When I originally started planning this event I had plenty of time since then too many things have changed.

I have alot of the major pieces of the event ready to go...most of the smaller details still need to be ironed out. If someone else wants to step up I would be more than happy to hand it over.

With that being said I have also asked Urmil to open up more spots on the FWT since that will now be the premier UMW event this year. Hopefully he will consider it.

Sorry if I disappointed anyone...

-Charlie
Old 04-30-2005, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry that it had to come to this Charlie, but sometimes there are more important things in life.

I have been speaking to Urmil about the FWT, and it looks like, as it will be the premier event for the UMW this year, we will be opening up registration again shortly.

If I can be of help to you in any way let me know - and if you want to be a part of FWT just contact either Urmil or I!

GL!
Old 04-30-2005, 06:24 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

So the news is out. Yup, Charlie and his family have been through some grueling times this year and like a champ, Charlie has handled his business and his personal affairs like no other.

Luckily with the support of his family and his faith, he's pressing on putting together the S2000 Expo for a later date. That is a trooper, I must say that I really respect him for that. As always Charlie, if you need me for anything (support, favors, or just an ear or a shoulder), just call.

The organizers of FWT have decided to open up registration for FWT '05. We've also decided on a "base-hotel" for the event. We will be raising registration prices for both drivers and passengers, so please do not take the updated rates as a surprise.

The hotel information will be shared with registered event participants in this coming week.

Lee, Dezoris, John, and I are working on finalizing the small details for the event in the next week or two and are excited to bring you what we feel will be one of the UMW's most premier events in the history of S2000 events that have happened in the past 5 years for our region. We have planned the event to be very community orientated, with lots of driving and socializing. Hope to see you all there!!!

***Registration on www.freshwatertour.com shall be opened shortly (by Sunday evening).