Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

S2Ks at K2K

Old 02-02-2010, 12:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Post S2Ks at K2K

We had a Karting meet here in January, and it was alot of fun, but there were alot of people who expressed interest who weren't able to attend the first date this year. So I'm just guaging interest in doing this again in March. Also, here's the thread from last winter also, if you're interested: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=662976

If you're not familiar with the venue; here's the link to their website:
Kart 2 Kart

They take reservations for groups more than 8, but at this time, I'm not sure I'll get eight participants. If that changes, I will make a reservation. Without a reservation, I will have to follow up with K2K the week before to make sure that they still have open practice at that time and that we haven't been bumped by another group. In any event, watch this thread and I will update it with any changes.

We'll grab a bite and/or a brew afterwards. I think Sherwood Brewing Company would be a good place to grab a bite/brew after some carting. It's a very casual brewery with good beer and food. And it is about five miles from Kart 2 Kart.

Post up if you have any other questions and let me know if you're interested.

The date/time:

The List:
???
Old 02-02-2010, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm going to try one more time not to finish second again. I'll have to check my schedule, and I'll ask Jeff and Glenn. Possibly me + 2, or 0. Will post tomorrow, but thanks for organizing again!

Please also arrange to have the back parking lot snowed over again. I did very much appreciate that and oh, I never told you, after I used up pretty much all the snow there last time, I headed towards the exit and saw the manager running to the door . . . to give me a big thumbs up. Like this: Phew! I thought he was going to yell at me; but I guess, if you manage a karting place, you're okay with donuts, too.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure this is covered on their site and all but realistically what sort of price are we looking at for a few races for us walk ins. I know sometimes they have member discounts but what if we want to hit it and quit it for this S2000 meet?
Old 02-02-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome! Jacob and I are looking into it and really want to make this one. We'll update you soon
Old 02-03-2010, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by 91crxdx,Feb 2 2010, 08:05 PM
I'm sure this is covered on their site and all but realistically what sort of price are we looking at for a few races for us walk ins. I know sometimes they have member discounts but what if we want to hit it and quit it for this S2000 meet?
$15 per race/$45 for three races grand prix format (practice, qualifying, start). The staff is cooperative, no problem just running one or two races. Thay have discounts on weekdays, but I figure a weekend event will draw more people...
Old 02-03-2010, 12:00 PM

Count me in; waiting on confirmation from Jeff and Glenn.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 AM

If Laurens is the only one who can make it or has interest, I may reschedule to a weekday (if that's okay with Laurens) to take advantage of the discounted rate.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,601 Likes on 1,909 Posts

I'll be down in Florida
Old 02-12-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kamron,Feb 12 2010, 06:31 AM
I may reschedule to a weekday (if that's okay with Laurens) to take advantage of the discounted rate.
That would really only work for me if it were Tuesday at 8 p.m.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:57 AM

^^^Okay, I guess not then since right now Mondays and Fridays are the only days with evening discounts.

We'll see if more interest turns up as we get closer to march...

Quick Reply: S2Ks at K2K