Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Who's done for the season or close to it

Old 10-16-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Winter wheels getting swapped on next week.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 PM

i don't store mine till it starts snowing. i think last year it was right after thanksgiving.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,667 Likes on 1,949 Posts

Originally Posted by CrashTestPilot
So what do you guys do about insurance for the months you store the s? I have a DD that intend to use throughout winter ( I have a set of snow ties for the dd ). I do not intend to drive the s2k when there is any snow or salt on the road, but I do want to enjoy it until that day comes. So do you suspend the insurance for winter? Is it for o pre specified number of months? What kind of savings are we talking about here?

I change my insurance to storage while it's put away, when I get it out I reinstate it. Very easy process.

On my policy, it saves about $80 per month by changing it. You're still covered for loss, but not covered if the loss is from driving it.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 AM

Mine was put away two weeks after I started school. so mid september. And I bring it out at the end of school(May)
Old 10-17-2012, 07:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My new DD is not at a 100% yet, hoping to finish all my projects for it this weekend.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 PM

I washed mine yesterday, put it in the garage and put the cover on it, so I'm probably done. Now I just need to take my summer tires off of my EP3 before I wake up to snow on the ground one morning.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
S2KI Editor

i've been starting to question this also for my SI. I typically but my snow tires on at thanksgiving, but i'm thinking of putting it off until early December... but maybe thats a mistake to wait that long, hehe
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
I change my insurance to storage while it's put away, when I get it out I reinstate it. Very easy process.

On my policy, it saves about $80 per month by changing it. You're still covered for loss, but not covered if the loss is from driving it.
I will have to call my agent and inquire about it. I just renewed about a month ago, I was not ready to call it quits yet.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by des_si
i've been starting to question this also for my SI. I typically but my snow tires on at thanksgiving, but i'm thinking of putting it off until early December... but maybe thats a mistake to wait that long, hehe
I have heard that snow tires wear down much quicker If driven in temps over 55F. I usually wait until after thanksgiving weekend. Slim chances of getting a snowfall that results in any accumulation prior to that. The only downside is that the wrenches feel much colder.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by des_si
As someone who has had two little incidents using summer tires in weather where I should have had winters, I'd say the sooner, the better. Tires are the most important safety device of any car, since they're the only part that connects the car with the road.

Quick Reply: Who's done for the season or close to it