Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

why was I the only S at gingerman? twice!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why was I the only S at gingerman? twice!

So, I've done maybe 8 or so track days, and have always been in the company of others s2000s. But I attended the last two CGI events at gingerman and was the only one both times! You guys seriously need to look into these events, 7, count them, SEVEN track sessions! That way more than I've had with any other group. So much so that most people start leaving after five, leaving a pretty open track for the last two. In fact at the one event it was me and one NSX on the entire track for twenty minutes!

Get out with us, check their website, its cgimotorsports.com, they typically want 2 weeks advanced notice to sign up but the last event was pretty sparse in terms of trun out so check it out. newbies are welcome too, they have instructors for the novice group.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:50 PM

oh, and they have the events every two weeks, on mondays
Old 06-06-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was signed up for the July 30th event pricing was $175 and is now $225. Someone screwed up. I have since cancelled
Old 06-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah, CGI increased their pricing which is a pretty big bummer.

On the plus side, the limited-sized run groups and the ginormous amout of track time is worth it...but nontheless, it is a bit irritating when you pay 175 and all of the sudden it's $50 more. Still a good value...it just would have been nice if they didn't change the pricing mid-season.

I'm sure there's some sort of reason for it. I heard something about being tied into the new management at the race track itself, but I don't have anything really concrete info that I'm going off of.

There used to be an S2000 out there religiously at the CGI events, was either silver or the suzuka blue pearl (can't remember) who was incredibly quick out there. Haven't been to a CGI event since 2005 though.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Its SO worth the extra 50, xpecially with what have been pretty smal groups, you guys should seriously reconsider, if not oh well more track for me! but you will never get 7 sessions with any other group,. at least I never have, I think 5 was the most I've ever seen
Old 06-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Great group of regulars that are usually out there, too.

I told myself I'd make it out to one of their events this year, but it's already looking like it might be doubtful.

You can pretty much count on a max of 5 cars per group by the last session every time too, since everyone gets so worn out from all of the driving. It's definitely a good way to go. I wish Chuck and Phil could hold something similar at other tracks, but it's probably tricky in terms of pricing and scheduling.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:05 PM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been to a CGI event before and it really is well done, but the price plus the Monday schedule keeps me looking for other track days.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 PM

The price increase is a result of higher insurance costs that must be paid by CGI per their web site.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by hecash,Jun 6 2007, 08:35 PM
it was not CGI that screwed up.
This is true. It was not the fault of CGI.

Harry

Thanks for the offer but I cannot accept it.

I may still come out there though I did not get enough track time with that rain in Joliet this past Monday

I still have not heard from the person in Indiana who was putting this July 30th event together.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:59 PM

For the Speedtrial events at Gingerman that I've been to, S2000 always had a good showing. They are having a Monday event coming up (June 11), and then a Sunday event on July 15. I'm hoping to make it to the July one.

Speaking of which, I also do hope that CGI and Speedtrial can get dates on some other tracks.

Quick Reply: why was I the only S at gingerman? twice!