Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

AHHHHHHHH! How could Kent do this to me?

Old 03-14-2002, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AHHHHHHHH! How could Kent do this to me?

Petersen Motors Sold!

This officially sucks! Petersen was the only Honda dealer in Utah that treated their customers with any respect. Looks like it's time to go off on my own and find an independant mechanic
Old 03-15-2002, 09:06 AM

That's too bad, I had heard good things about Petersen's service department. I'm getting an ACT clutch installed by Modern Garage next week so I will let you know how it goes. So far they seem quite professional.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just got off the phone with Perterson Service person...not sure if he was a manager. He confirmed the intended sale. He also stated that to his knowledge there would not be any changes to personnel or service. I have had great experiences with this service department, as others have, and in the past and have posted such. It is a consensus that KG sucks as they have failed to provide ANY customer service to many owners, including new car buyers. However I would suggest we support the technical staff at Peterson which has supported us. Peterson has groomed their techs to support this car, which certain other dealers have not. As opposed to a mass exodus, I will give Peterson a try in the future and suggest others do the same. As they don't have a dyno I'll go elsewhere for my serious support (i.e. Modern Garage). I think we should adopt a "wait and see attitude", but I must admit I am disappointed with the news.

Utah
Old 03-20-2002, 02:11 PM

Good call Utah, I just hate the fact that my money will now be going to garff instead of Petersen. I agree completely about what you said with their service department. Petersen is the best. Read and Brit are awesome service advisors. Infact I was down there today talking with Read. I sincerely hope that they keep this staff.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:00 PM
Ira

I'm sad to hear this news but hopefully the S2000 tech's will not be leaving. As per Modern Garage having a dyno is not correct information When I was conversing with Christain he stated that they were hoping to aquire a dyno in the near future.

If you are looking for a dyno, my fathers friend Royce owns an auto shop called "Royce's Automotive located at 2850 South Main Street. I believe his dyno is only able to measure up to 300 hp which may be an issue for us Also there are several other shops that dyno's installed....
Old 04-08-2002, 09:02 AM

Hi,

I'm Mark Bigler, the Service Director at Petersen Motors in Ogden. I appreciate the compliments and everyone's concern over the sale to Garff Enterprises.
We met with Robert Garff March 29th to discuss the change. He assured us that they wouldn't be making any personnel changes and that the management would stay the same. I've been here for 16 years and I'm not planning on losing any of my people becuse of the sale. I want to assure everyone that we will be here with the same people and continue with the same honesty and integrity as we have in the past.
We feel that Garff Enterprises is a great organization and we are exited to see what positive changes may occur.

Thanks for your loyalty,

Mark
Old 04-08-2002, 05:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Bigler
[B]Hi,

I'm Mark Bigler, the Service Director at Petersen Motors in Ogden. I appreciate the compliments and everyone's concern over the sale to Garff Enterprises.