Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

enthusiast group in Utah

Old 03-23-2010, 10:40 AM
nt7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait wait wait...
"strong backround"
what is a weak backround? what if i dont originate from Utah?
LOL classic thanks for this.

ohh and btw they mention educated and state they have some university members...this computes how? Do you have to have a paper that states your enrolled in college to be considered educated? usualy this statment coincides with actualy having a degree.

my .02
Old 03-23-2010, 02:48 PM

Why invite ofire? He said F off, that screams of drama right there. In fact I know he is a drama queen.

I am probably excluded because I am a blue collar worker who works for state government for a wage lower than it should be. Oh, and I don't have a four year degree either, but I supervise some that do.

I mean don't get me wrong sounds like a good group to hang out with. Drama free, without all the BS associated with the stereotypical import scene. But why does every group need a name or title?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by my_slow_2k,Mar 23 2010, 05:48 PM
Why invite ofire? He said F off, that screams of drama right there. In fact I know he is a drama queen.

I am probably excluded because I am a blue collar worker who works for state government for a wage lower than it should be. Oh, and I don't have a four year degree either, but I supervise some that do.

I mean don't get me wrong sounds like a good group to hang out with. Drama free, without all the BS associated with the stereotypical import scene. But why does every group need a name or title?
pffff...Flexer makes less money than all of us. I don't think it's about that. I really think they should change the wording to "a car club for mature professional" or "mature enthusiasts." Something like that...basically, it sounds like they just want guys who are real gearheads and aren't fans of The Fast and the Furious series. They're just worded a bit more controversially than I think they intend. That's all...
Old 03-23-2010, 04:00 PM

Yeah, I do agree that it is very tiring to associate with the Honda Fan Boi club. That's pretty much what turned me away from doing anything with anybody except a small group.

I'm joking about ofire too btw.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:05 PM

Slow is an ofire fanboi so you can only take what he says about me with a grain of salt.

Here is a list of my skills and background that I would like to submit for consideration into the club.

-Blue collar city government employee with a low salary.
-own a gold ford aerostar with a red bug shield.
-have little beyond a highschool education.
-have little technical knowledge about cars and have my fanbois do my work for me (aka slow).
-am very good at Modern Warfare 2.
-can and have made sausages (brats, yes the grinding and everything).
-am a yellow belt in taekwondo.
-have a scar on my right eyebrow that I tell people I got in a knife fight.
-am a decent frisbee golfer.
-can make fettucini alfredo from scratch
-never have broken a bone
-own vhs tapes but no vcr
-favorite movie in the whole world is fast and the furious
Old 03-23-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by ofire,Mar 23 2010, 08:05 PM
Slow is an ofire fanboi so you can only take what he says about me with a grain of salt.

Here is a list of my skills and background that I would like to submit for consideration into the club.

-Blue collar city government employee with a low salary.
-own a gold ford aerostar with a red bug shield.
-have little beyond a highschool education.
-have little technical knowledge about cars and have my fanbois do my work for me (aka slow).
-am very good at Modern Warfare 2.
-can and have made sausages (brats, yes the grinding and everything).
-am a yellow belt in taekwondo.
-have a scar on my right eyebrow that I tell people I got in a knife fight.
-am a decent frisbee golfer.
-can make fettucini alfredo from scratch
-never have broken a bone
-own vhs tapes but no vcr
-favorite movie in the whole world is fast and the furious
My vote for President of the club!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it will go a long way if you eliminate some of the pride in that mission statement. for instance, taking about 10 seconds to improve it, you could just change this:
"Utah's Performance Automotive Club of Enthusiasts (PACE) is not your everyday club. We originally were a group of friends that came together to create something more special than the regular "parking lot hang-out." Although we still enjoy and participate in that scene, we felt like it was time to start something more mature. We didn't want to start just any club, but instead assemble a tight, elite group of enthusiasts.

Our mission is to become the epitome of the automotive enthusiasts in Utah. We will achieve this by exclusively selecting our members based on prerequisites that set us apart . Our image will be upheld by our member's quality. We are, engineers, teachers, IT guys, marketing directors, and even university students. We all have a strong background and are confident in our goals and asperations in life. This is more than a skin deep club where having a cool car will get you in. While having a nice car is something that most automotive enthusiasts have, we are looking at things like attitude, car knowledge, education, and other interests. If you believe you fit our standards and goals please contact one of our leaders and we will be happy to talk with you and invite you to our next meet.

Thanks for visiting our brand new site and you'll be hearing about us soon."
to something more like this:
"Utah's Performance Automotive Club of Enthusiasts (PACE) is not your everyday club. We originally were a group of friends that came together to create something more special than the regular "parking lot hang-out." Although we still enjoy and participate in that scene, we felt like it was time to start something more mature. We didn't want to start just any club, but instead assemble a mature group of genuine enthusiasts.

Our mission is to become the epitome of the automotive enthusiasts in Utah. We are, engineers, teachers, IT guys, marketing directors, and even university students. We all have a strong background and are confident in our goals and asperations in life. This is more than a skin deep club of people who have all bought a cool car. While having a nice car is something that most automotive enthusiasts have, we want members with a good attitude, car knowledge, education, and other interests. If you would like to belong to this group of enthusiasts, please contact one of our leaders and we will be happy to talk with you and invite you to our next meet.

Thanks for visiting our brand new site and you'll be hearing about us soon."
/\/\
and it still needs work, but that's 10x better IMO.

i'm an engineer that probably fits the established protocol, but i was turned off by what i saw as snobbery in that description. the prequel/mission statement focused a lot on what you do and what you've accomplished, when the real important thing is who you are and what your attitude is in general.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ace123,Mar 25 2010, 07:23 AM

it will go a long way if you eliminate some of the pride in that mission statement. for instance, taking about 10 seconds to improve it, you could just change this:

to something more like this:

/\/\
and it still needs work, but that's 10x better IMO.

i'm an engineer that probably fits the established protocol, but i was turned off by what i saw as snobbery in that description. the prequel/mission statement focused a lot on what you do and what you've accomplished, when the real important thing is who you are and what your attitude is in general.
Ace,

Can I send that to the members and see what they say or do you already have a copy right out on that?

AND JUST SO YOU KNOW, I am a teacher so I am a government worker who makes CRAP. I make 32k a year, but I like teaching so I do it anyway. Once I am done paying all my taxes I am down to about 28k. Then if you include my sales tax, gas tax, registration tax, and all other ASS RAPING GOVERNMENT TAXES on me I only make around:

Get this:

25-26k a year.

I can't wait now that health care has passed to get my ass kicked even more and pay more taxes. This is just wonderful.
Free healthcare my ass......

Why is it people are so stupid? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH, SOMEONE HAS TO PAY AND ITS GOING TO BE US!

J. R.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:35 AM

Something has to be done to the health care system. I'm glad they are at least attempting an overhaul. However I think that they jumped the gun and have watered down the bill a little.

They need to work on cost reduction and not cost shifting. They haven't made healthcare any cheaper they have just made it available to everyone. In reality everyone already had some sort of healthcare that blue collars like us pay for. The rampant medicaid/medicare abuse, insurance fraud, hypocondriac public, drug company bribing doctors bullcrap needs to stop.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JR, it doesn't sound like the club thinks it's all about money either. It's just that the way the mission statement is phrased seems to actively put down those that would not be members of it. That's poor form, and it makes the group of enthusiasts sound arrogant. They might not be that way at all, but the mission statement was a big turn off to me for that reason.

If you want to use that bit of rambling, go for it, but IMO that's not good enough for a mission statement either--I just wanted to illustrate the point. (There's even an extra comma (typo) in it right before the word engineers.) Do you see the difference?

Quick Reply: enthusiast group in Utah