Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

Has anyone gone FI in Utah?

Old 11-19-2003, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone gone FI in Utah?

I was just curious if any has a blower or turbo yet. I want to get the Vortech but would like to see what it can do(but I'll buy it anyways). Does anyone have any connections for us to do a Utah G/B or get a "special" deal? I know a couple of you were also thinking about getting one. Let me know...
Old 11-20-2003, 10:30 AM

I'm really interested if there's going to be a groupbuy.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:12 PM

Last I heard was that Sean (SDickson) was planning on getting a turbo in the future, once his bodywork is done...

We'd also be interested in checking out the performance difference from NA to turbo or supercharger Lots of debate on which is better - real-world comparo would make choosing more of an informative decision!! (patiently waiting for the warranty to expire before installing FI ourselves).
Old 11-20-2003, 05:37 PM

I am still planning on going with FI, but may go with the Vortech, or the new intercooled Comptech SC, rather than a custom built turbo.

Jaime,

Was that you I saw on Wednesday, top down, going south on 1-15 near Bountiful at about 4pm? Looked kinda cold out to have the top dropped, must have been blastin' the heater.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:53 PM

So, $20 a drive once you get the Vortech installed, Sean (sounds fair to us!!)? At that rate you'll have it paid for in a month if you let us get behind the wheel

As for Wed top-down driving: nope wasn't me. We took ESter out on her last voyage (before she becomes a winter garage-queen) to Cali and up to WA this past week, but that is the last time we drove her. We did have the top down as much as possible on the trip - had a BLAST on the PCH from San Fran to Oregon. The S was custom built for roads like that!!! Talk about riding on RAILs! Gave a few "european" cars a run for their money. (while one Oregon State Trooper gave ME a run for MY money to the tune of $237 for going 83 in a 65 just 5 freaking miles from the Idaho border where the limit JUMPS to 75! ARRRRGGGG - Now Lib and I are even; 1 ticket each in the S. )

:donestealingafetsman'sthread&humblyapologizingfor doingso:

Jaime
Old 11-23-2003, 12:46 PM

I plan to have an FI kit within 2 months. It'll either be a DRAG Turbo Kit or Comptech SC.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by S2K1
I plan to have an FI kit within 2 months. It'll either be a DRAG Turbo Kit or Comptech SC.
Might want to look at Vortech.....in my highly educated opinion
Old 11-23-2003, 09:41 PM

I understand Vortech has a nice kit, but a few things why I am choosing the Comptech over Vortech. On the Comptech system, upgraded boost pullies are easier to find, you have the option of not getting the aftercooler as I would like to run an air-to-air front mount intercooler, and my sponsor will pay for half of the Comptech kit or the DRAG kit, hence the reason I mentioned those. I'd like to go turbo, but not many people have the DRAG kit, so I don't know it's pros and cons and it requires more tuning.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:39 AM

S2K1- Just curious why your sponsor would care what FI you go with since their probably not DRAG or Comptech? But, good luck with whichever one you get.

The_Medii- No need to apologize, we're all firends here. I guess the "real world" difference would be cost. Obviously NA is the cheaper route. But between turbo and S/C, I think S/C is by far the cheaper. Basically it's just plug-and-play. The turbo will offer more "low-end" power but the dollars to have it tuned will be the difference in price. Boost on the Vortech starts @ 4000rpm, which is good enough for me. Although, I'm guessing you want to see and feel real world dfferences and not just look at what's already on paper.

Utah S2K- I agree with you, Vortech is the way to go for S/C. Aftercooled and computer mangement(knock sensor), definate pluses.

So, I guess this means none of us have any connections for purchasing 3 or 4 kits at a "special" price...too bad. Oh well, I'll just keep looking. If anyone sees one for less than $4k shoot me a pm. I wonder who'll be the first in Utah to go FI???
Old 11-24-2003, 08:02 AM

Afetsman-The reason I can get a deal from those two companies is because the company that sponsored me is a distributor and they aren't a dealer for Vortech, but they are a dealer for COmptech and DRAG.

Quick Reply: Has anyone gone FI in Utah?