Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah
View Poll Results: Need UTAH folks' opinion on OEM rims
NOOOOO, too "Bling Bling"!
71.43%
Sure, they'll help you blind the course workers from seeing you go off-course!
0%
Maybe - as long as they NEVER see street use
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Need UTAH folks' opinion on OEM rims

Old 06-26-2003, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are forgetting that Jaime has chrome teeth . He is just trying to be coordinated. Like when he wears that yellow Nautica hat while he has the top down. It's all good.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:19 AM

ha ha hardy har har Sean is SOOOOO Funny!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:21 AM

I'd go with the black powdercoat. Chrome on our car is for show. I've seen a couple of pictures with yellow S2000's with black rims and it definitely makes it look like a race car. When you get tired of the black rims, you can bring them over to my house!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:55 AM

Thanks all for your inputs - black powdercoat is looking like the best choice. Sean - We'll be in touch about meeting out at Freeport Center to get that perfect color. If she actually SEEs the color beforehand it should help convince Libby that it would be cool to powdercoat them . I think a high polish to the rims and then a transparent black should give them a unique look without going "ghetto" bling bling chrome

Besides, I got rid of my chrome teeth when I was 12

MSM - we are seriously looking into R-compounds. The only limiting factor is how many races we can actually attend this summer. With folks deploying in our shop, we are so short-manned that Lib and I tend to work opposite shifts, even on weekends. Hope to make a decision in a few weeks...
Old 06-26-2003, 03:26 PM

Must have just been aluminum foil I was seeing

Let me know when you are ready, I will be happy to meet you there.

BTW, I just found out it will take them 4 months to get my wheels They have to be built in Japan, then shipped over on a very slow boat.

And one other thing, I stopped at Modern Today to ask about a Turbo or possibly the new intercooled Comptech SC , they are going to run some figures and get back with me.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:15 PM

I remember seeing something about Spugen offering a turbo system. I don't remember if it was an experiment or if they had it for sale.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:21 PM

The Spugen Turbo has been sent back to the drawing board. Sean, are you going to do a custom turbo or from a kit(Spool, Stage 6, RevHard, DRAG, etc.)?
Old 06-28-2003, 08:34 PM

Not sure. Modern is doing the research for me. I will most likely go with whatever they recommend. They are familiar with the one that Ultimate Racing developed.

If you want to check it out, here is the link. The specs are quite impressive.

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Products/Honda-US.shtml

Let me know if you think of this kit.

One other idea is to wait for the Comptech intercooled SC to be available, which should be mid September.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:45 PM

I think the Comptech intercooled SC is gonna be our choice---after the warranty expires, that is! Would love to give your car a go when you install the turbo, Sean...might be enough to convince us to install some HP sooner

Mendii
Old 06-28-2003, 10:47 PM

The Comptech System is nice, but if you don't want to wait and want a front-mount intercooler unlike Comptech's inline aftercooler, Buy the current Comptech system and add a front-mount intercooler to it. Modern Garage could definately do the work for you. I'd rather go turbo, but it's mainly because of more power potential and that great BOV sound that Matt now gets to enjoy. Plus, look at Wesmaster, he originally had the Comptech S/C and has sold that to go turbo. I think all turbo kits will have 'bugs' in them and Ultimate Racing has it's fair share, but I think it has the least. The Vortech S/C was a nightmare for some people. I think cjb80's kit will be nice if you want a lot of power, but you have to have a deep wallet to do any of these.

Quick Reply: Need UTAH folks' opinion on OEM rims