Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

S 2000 Stickers

Old 06-06-2003, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sean -

Nope - you can't see it on a Spa Yellow with a FRONT plate, we don't have one anymore! . We ordered the screw covers and now have NO front plate.

You can all check out the "reflector" look Saturday night on the way out of the drive-in.

I'll get the pics off my camera tonight and post them here for those who can't wait or won't make it out there (Tweder). The etched look for the wind deflector has a bit of glitter in the vinyl, but it is understated and does not take away from the look too much.

I like the idea of the black reflective windshield sticker - maybe they could give us a group buy discount on that one, too?
Old 06-06-2003, 01:58 PM

I am sure they would. Lets discuss it over dinner.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:50 PM

Okay - as promised, here are the pics of the wind deflector and rear diffuser stickers:

Click on each image for a LARGER pic...

tweder - e-mail is on the way
Old 06-08-2003, 03:54 PM

I would like one of each sticker. I'd be happy to send $$$ to cover the stickers plus postage to have them mailed to me.

LMK how you want to exchange addresses and total amount for stickers, postage and tax.

Thanks!
Vicky
Old 06-09-2003, 07:41 AM

If any of you would like one prior to our next get together, please let me know.

Thanks

Sean
Old 06-09-2003, 06:35 PM

Here is the a list of those who have indicated they would like stickers. Please review and let me know if there is any incorrect information. Tweder, did you want one? How about Utah S2k? Utah owners get first dibs on this run, and if anyone wants some after these are gone, I can have more made. It only takes about 4-5 business days to have more printed.

If I decide to sell these on a regular basis, I will set up a Paypal account, and more than likely price them so it is worth my time to process the orders. These were done at cost as a favor to those local owners. I would price them around $10 and $15 each if I need to start mailing them out. For those out of state who have already requested some(prior to this reply), I will still provide them at the cost listed, but if all 20 get taken, you will need to wait for the next run (which would probably be done by the time I received your payment). For CIAO XO and sebrings2k, there looks like enough to get you some with this run, so you should be fine.

Etched Glass

SDickson 1
STSPENT2MUCH 1
S2K1 1
CIAO XO 1
sebrings2k 2

Total 6

Reflective Black

SDickson 1
Euclid 1
Foo Cat 1
CIAO XO 1
sebrings2k 2

Total 6

That still leaves 4 of each to those who want them.

If you are sending me funds to have them mailed, please include an extra dollar per order to cover postage. So if you want one of each, it would only be $11, as the weight of the second sticker will not raise the cost of postage. If you want them send another method than US Mail, please let me know, and I can find out what the appropriate shipping cost would be.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:42 PM

I finally got around to applying my stickers today, and while I was removing the backing of the etched glass sticker, I accidentally tore it in the middle of the 'S'. Good thing I still have a couple of extras.

Through my experience, I learned that these can tear easily if you are not careful. If you do go easy, you should be fine. The following steps should help you avoid the pitfall I experienced.

So here are some instructions that may make it easier.

1- Thoroughly clean the area with windex.
2- Remove the clear backing.
3- Position sticker in desired location (being careful not to let the sticky side contact the surface until you get it into position).
4- Apply sticker to surface, making gentle contact with the edges near your fingers.
5- Working from the center to the edges, apply enough pressure to push any air bubbles out.
6- Continue rubbing the backing to ensure that all of the sticker has made good contact.
7- VERY CAREFULLY remove the paper backing by pulling back in the opposite direction. Do not pull out as you may pull the sticker away from the surface. Watch closely to see if any of the edges start to come away as you remove the backing. The sharp edges of the 'S' and the '2' will be more likely to pull away, if they do, carefully push them back with the tip of your finger or fingernail, then continue pulling. If you go really slow, you should have no problem.

Hopefully this info helps you avoid the tear that I experienced the first time I applied mine.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Sean
Old 06-11-2003, 08:53 PM

I must confess - we paid $5 extra to have the sign guy install ours since I knew I'd screw it up . He promised to redo them gratis if he messed up - of course he did a great job as the pictures show

Sounds like SDickson knows his stuff - glad you posted instructions for those braver than we were! Can't wait to see pics!

Mendii
Old 06-12-2003, 06:52 AM

Good info Sean.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:19 PM

SDickson, You have been PM'd.

Quick Reply: S 2000 Stickers