Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

Thinking of moving to Utah

Old 04-25-2003, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Afetsman,

Where at in Layton? I live in Kayscreek subdivision, west side, off Angel st.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:41 PM

If you have kids and enjoy the outdoors, Utah is definitely the place to be. I would say for the most part, most people don't try to push their religion on you. I'm a Utah native and have never had anyone try to get me to convert.

The two things that I think most visitors would notice about Utah is how many churches there are (it seems like one every other block!) and how very few minorities there are.

I visit Los Angeles about a month out of every year, as my wife is from LA, and after the second week of watching the news, I'm always ready to come back to Utah. The crimes here are minimal to LA's. What most people in LA take for granted (car jackings, armed robberies and murders), they are rarities in Utah. For that reason alone, I would not live in LA or any big city. You are relatively safe in most areas in Salt Lake.

If I had to generalize the people in Utah, I would say they are usually very courteous and friendly. A lot just depends on which neighbor you live in and where you work.

In looking for a job, I would check out the larger grocery stores as they would probably provide better benefits then the smaller butcher shops. Some of the national grocery stores in Salt Lake are: Albertsons, Smiths, Target.

Here is the phone number of a larger wholesale meat store. Wasatch Meats 801-363-5747. It's located near downtown Salt Lake.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:38 AM

Sdickson,

I'm down Gordon Ave. (west side where Krispy Kreme is at)just past the golf course. That's funny beacuse I just saw another silverstone for the first time the other day on I-15 getting off at exit 335. I'm guessing that was you.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:23 PM

Cool, you are just about 1/2 mile from me. If the S you saw had a hardtop on, and 18" silver 5 spoke wheels, it probably was me. Is yours silverstone too?
Old 05-05-2003, 11:04 AM

Nope, wasn't you. I haven't seen anyone with a hardtop yet. Yeah, I got the Silverstone too. Did you just move here too, or did you just get the "S" recently.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:22 PM

Got the car in Feb. of 02. I don't drive it everyday, so you may not have seen me yet. I got the hardtop during the winter, but will be taking it off soon
Old 05-08-2003, 07:52 AM

Thanks everyone. I'll be there around the middle of June after we go on the Sacramento days drive.
Thanks again. Utah sounds too good. I'm going to check out Idaho also.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:43 AM

Ahhhhhhhh

Did you say Idaho? I lived there for 9 years, and could not wait to get back to Utah. Idaho has all the cons of Utah without any of the pros. Not that Utah has that many cons, but Idaho is full of small towns full of large extended families where everyone is related or connected. It is very difficult for anyone to move there and be welcomed. Unless you were moving to Boise, you would see what I am talking about. You can get more house for your money, but only because many of the communities are in a struggling economic environment. Homes rarely appreciate, because no one other than farmers and ranchers want to live there, and they never move or sell, just live in the house they grew up in, or right next to the one they grew up in....

On the good side, you would be the only owner of an S in the entire state
Old 05-12-2003, 08:30 AM

Ahhhhhhhh Did you say Idaho? I lived there for 9 years, and could not wait to get back to Utah. Idaho has all the cons of Utah without any of the pros. Not that Utah has that many cons, but Idaho is full of small towns full of large extended families where everyone is related or connected. It is very difficult for anyone to move there and be welcomed. Unless you were moving to Boise, you would see what I am talking about. You can get more house for your money, but only because many of the communities are in a struggling economic environment. Homes rarely appreciate, because no one other than farmers and ranchers want to live there, and they never move or sell, just live in the house they grew up in, or right next to the one they grew up in....

Thanks for the warning. I still want to look. I read the Boise is #2 for best place to do business and live etc. I'm leaning toward Utah. Provo was #6 and has a lower crime rate. Check it out at Forbes.com
Thanks again. I'll be there in the middle of June.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jrfblueeyes
[B]Ahhhhhhhh Did you say Idaho? I lived there for 9 years, and could not wait to get back to Utah. Idaho has all the cons of Utah without any of the pros. Not that Utah has that many cons, but Idaho is full of small towns full of large extended families where everyone is related or connected. It is very difficult for anyone to move there and be welcomed. Unless you were moving to Boise, you would see what I am talking about. You can get more house for your money, but only because many of the communities are in a struggling economic environment. Homes rarely appreciate, because no one other than farmers and ranchers want to live there, and they never move or sell, just live in the house they grew up in, or right next to the one they grew up in....

Quick Reply: Thinking of moving to Utah