Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

Thinking of selling my Spoon/Mooncraft top

Old 11-24-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thinking of selling my Spoon/Mooncraft top

Thinking of selling my replica Spoon/Mooncraft top. Its true. I have wanted this top since I first saw one on a car at SEMA, but I need the money to finish the Lotus and actually have a car for the track this coming season. I wanted to post it up local first. I paid $2,450.00 for the top, then another $180.00 in prep work for paint. I know I won't get that much for the top.

I will let it go locally for a reasonable price. I have all hardware also. The top just needs to be painted and it is ready to go. Glass is already installed!

This is sad.

J. R.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I would be interested, next spring. So, if you have is sitting around then, you might have a buyer.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by my_slow_civic,Nov 24 2008, 12:08 PM
Well, I would be interested, next spring. So, if you have is sitting around then, you might have a buyer.
I really don't want to ship the top and I would like the top to go local just so I can see it on SOMEONE's car. I understand money can be tight. Would you be willing to put a small deposit on it and we will write up a contract for it? I will store and hold it for you till the spring.

J. R.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:22 PM

Hmm, I might be interested in that. When could we maybe meet up? Sometime after the 1st?

That would allow me to do some research on the top, to make sure that is what I in fact want.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by my_slow_civic,Nov 24 2008, 10:22 PM
Hmm, I might be interested in that. When could we maybe meet up? Sometime after the 1st?

That would allow me to do some research on the top, to make sure that is what I in fact want.
Yes lets meet up. Come have a look at it.
I have a folder that has probably every picture put online with this top on it.

PM me your number and I'll give you a call.

J. R.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:42 PM

I would like to see it too. what's the weight?
Old 11-28-2008, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by ofire,Nov 27 2008, 01:42 PM
I would like to see it too. what's the weight?
I have never weighted the top before.

Are you interested in the top as well?

J. R.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:47 PM

I am. I've always wanted this specific hardtop but figured it would be easier to get a factory. Now that this is up though I might have to come check it out.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by ofire,Nov 29 2008, 06:47 PM
I am. I've always wanted this specific hardtop but figured it would be easier to get a factory. Now that this is up though I might have to come check it out.
Yah sure! Do the same thing I told my_slow_civic and PM me your number and come have a look at it!

J. R.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:54 AM

Three of you have talked to me about the top. One of you has actually PM'd me. Zero of you have actually called.

I would like it to stay local but if no one is seriously interested I am going to post it for sale. I don't want to upset anyone or be pushy so before I post it in the big for sale section, out of the three of you are any of you truly interested in it? It is a lot of money and I understand that, but for me the purchase was the easiest mod I ever bought because at any time it can just be taken off and sold for equal money. I don't know of any other modification you can do to the S2k that is that easy and keeps its value, but I know its a good chunk of change up front. Like I told My_Slow_Civic......if you want I can hold the top for you and you can leave me a deposit, I am fine with that. I know the top will go fast in the "for sale" section so would the three of you let me know what you would like me to do.

Thanks

J. R.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Spoon/Mooncraft top