Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Canucks!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^
Well put.
I totally agree with you on Edler, Krajicek and especially Bourdon. He's a great D-man and if they gave him more chances, he'd be able to show that more instead of just flashes.

I don't think there's a chance it'll happen, but if Pittsburgh doesn't sign Hossa at the end of the year, I think it'd be cool to see him come here. I'm not sure how much he'd be able to contribute with his surroundings, but I like watching him play.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Cancuks that showed up last night resenmbles the Canucks in 2004. The team is no long motivated by AV, just like in when they stopped listening to Crawford. In this case, I think the team stopped believeing in AV's style of play. The dump and chase can only work so far, but they need more movement. Just watch their pwer plays. They do not have any players that will go down low and fight for the rebounds. All they do is hit the high man on the point for the slapper.

The Canucks need to find more talent and stop signing these second rate players. They have enough 3rd and 4th liners.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:07 AM

i think they wont be going anywhere.. as for the oilers.. they will be much better next year.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 AM

Oilers could have done better, so could have the Canucks. Injuries accounted for a lot of time lost in both teams. I heard on the radio that between the 18 injured players in Edmonton, they lost 384 games or 21 games per player from the injured 18.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:41 AM

Sorry about your luck boys... there's always next year.. :S

GO FLAMES GO!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=Eclypz,Apr 4 2008, 12:27 AM] even if they did make the playoffs, they wouldn't have lasted past the first round.

IMO, the Canucks put all their eggs in one basket by acquiring Luongo (when i say eggs, i mean money).
Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Angelus1243,Apr 4 2008, 06:54 AM

I don't think there's a chance it'll happen, but if Pittsburgh doesn't sign Hossa at the end of the year, I think it'd be cool to see him come here. I'm not sure how much he'd be able to contribute with his surroundings, but I like watching him play.
Theres a good chance they won't resign Hossa, they're not going to be able to afford Hossa/Crosby/Malkin/Staal, the first 3 at near league-max. Teams arent dumb enough to fall into the Tampa mistake of spending all their money on 3 players....look what that got them, last place in the league.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by RonMexico,Apr 4 2008, 02:01 PM
Theres a good chance they won't resign Hossa, they're not going to be able to afford Hossa/Crosby/Malkin/Staal, the first 3 at near league-max. Teams arent dumb enough to fall into the Tampa mistake of spending all their money on 3 players....look what that got them, last place in the league.
I'm not too sure about that. I thought Crosby, Malkin, and Staal were still on their rookie contract for another year or 2.

I wonder where I can go look to confirm this.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:29 PM

Yea I heard they won't resign Hossa either, but I doubt he'd come here. Who knows though eh.

And I don't think Crosby is on his rookie contract anymore....if he is, I would think this would be his last year. Stall as well, but he can't demand THAT much money for what he does. Malkin on the other hand, especially after his year...
Old 04-04-2008, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by RonMexico,Apr 4 2008, 01:58 PM
2nd liners at best on any other team??....you don't know what you're talking about. lol, show me a team whose 2nd liners finish in the top 25 in the league in scoring, at nearly a ppg.

As for not having the money.....they have $10 million from Naslund and Morrison coming off the books, whether there will be any decent FA's to sign is another question.
it's an opinion, dude....take it for what it's worth.
You have your opinion and I have mine. No need to get all hasty. I shared my opinion and automatically, I don't know what i'm talking about?

There's more than one way to build a good team, and i stand by my opinion that we need at least one skilled player. Not border line second liners/first liners. But i guess there's a reason why i'm not GM.

It's friday...time to grab a brew!

Quick Reply: Canucks!