Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Carwash/Detailing...

Old 12-27-2009, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carwash/Detailing...

I'd like to have two things done.

1) Have my car washed without the paint getting scratched. What is a reasonable price to pay for a decent car wash?

2) When the weather improves, have my car detailed. What is a decent price to have a black car detailed?

Any recommendations in Vancouver/Richmond?

Old 12-27-2009, 01:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i can get a deal for you at autos' finest in surrey

its my buddies company.

he said he will do $180 for s2k guys. Normally valued at close to $250.

This is includes a wash, polish/buff, engine bay, interior, wheels.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:22 PM

i had a good experience at Yaletown Autospa getting my car detailed after i hit a skunk. surprisingly good price considering their location. great guys too.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:35 PM

Few things with my experiances...... No matter how much you spend, ($200-$800)You will definitely get holograms and deep spider marks. You may not notice but people who see your car in the sun drive by will.. Don't waste your time and money anywhere that has not had at least 10+ years in experience and make sure the owner does it not some worker that has had less experience. A proper wash,wax,buff,clay all that good stuff is very hard to do without spider/holograms. Maybe you should read( Smaggs has a great website with step by step ways to do so and problems that will occur) and do it your self because at a "detailer" they will only spend 3 hours max on your car. Three hours is not enough time to wash, clay,and at minimum 3 step buff/wax.

OH and one last thing the color of your car will make a big difference. White cars, does not matter how bad the job is but you or the untrained I it will look great after detail... The darker the color the more obvious....

One more thing, I have a great friend that i respect alto. He had gone to school for this especially buffing. His car is brand new and black and it has holograms. Does not mean anything if you only have 1 years experience and school.

I can keep going if you need more about black car horrer.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:04 PM

=(
Black cars look mean when done up but I'm too lazy and
I'd be embarrassed to roll around with all the spider marks.

After you get shop to detail it, just spray it down with water before you bring back in your garage daily (no cloth or mitt.. just spray).
It's a waste of water but I did this during the summer and the car will always be clean.

The nicest black car I've seen is S2S. It's always clean!
Old 12-27-2009, 03:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000_vtec_mike,Dec 27 2009, 03:35 PM
Few things with my experiances...... No matter how much you spend, ($200-$800)You will definitely get holograms and deep spider marks. You may not notice but people who see your car in the sun drive by will.. Don't waste your time and money anywhere that has not had at least 10+ years in experience and make sure the owner does it not some worker that has had less experience. A proper wash,wax,buff,clay all that good stuff is very hard to do without spider/holograms. Maybe you should read( Smaggs has a great website with step by step ways to do so and problems that will occur) and do it your self because at a "detailer" they will only spend 3 hours max on your car. Three hours is not enough time to wash, clay,and at minimum 3 step buff/wax.

OH and one last thing the color of your car will make a big difference. White cars, does not matter how bad the job is but you or the untrained I it will look great after detail... The darker the color the more obvious....

One more thing, I have a great friend that i respect alto. He had gone to school for this especially buffing. His car is brand new and black and it has holograms. Does not mean anything if you only have 1 years experience and school.

I can keep going if you need more about black car horrer.
+1

either a place with lots of years of experiences or I trust my close friend who does this.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:44 PM

with right tools and chemicals u shouldn't get any holos or marks

it actually cuts ur clearcoats to get rid of the marks

and 3 step buffs / wax for 3hrs ??? meh~~

just one layer.... it took almost a day long
Old 12-27-2009, 11:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike: Who have you been taking your cars to? Seriously??

Guaranteed to get holograms? Then your detailers have no idea what they are doing. With the combination of the right tools (DA vs Rotary) and the right pads/chemicals you can rid any car of holograms no matter how soft/hard the paint. Whoever has been doing your cars has obviously been using far too aggressive compounds/pads and does not properly know how to jewel the paint with an LSP on a rotary. 3M's ultrafina SE for example with the proper 3M pad can make even the finest and pickiest holgrams dissapear .

Just my 2 cents .

~Cam
Old 12-27-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by ss04,Dec 28 2009, 12:03 AM
Mike: Who have you been taking your cars to? Seriously??

Guaranteed to get holograms? Then your detailers have no idea what they are doing. With the combination of the right tools (DA vs Rotary) and the right pads/chemicals you can rid any car of holograms no matter how soft/hard the paint. Whoever has been doing your cars has obviously been using far too aggressive compounds/pads and does not properly know how to jewel the paint with an LSP on a rotary. 3M's ultrafina SE for example with the proper 3M pad can make even the finest and pickiest holgrams dissapear .

Just my 2 cents .

~Cam
I agree with this. The OP has asked where he should take his car etc. All I am doign is letting him know to go somewhere with experiance. I have had very good experiances and very bad ones. The best way to detail a car is to do it your self and learn.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike you are right. I guess I took your post as "wherever you go they will #### up your car"

Quick Reply: Carwash/Detailing...