Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Dealers are annoying!

Old 07-22-2007, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers are annoying!

Hello ya'll! I'm new here. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on here, espcially that dead rat in the engine!
Anyway, I don't have an S2000 yet, but am working on it. I almost bought one the other day from a private seller for a decent price, but Middlegate Honda beat me to it by what seemed a few hours. I was going to offer $24k for the car and it seems that the owner sold it to the dealer for that same amount. Knowing this, I went to Middlegate Honda to work out something. They wanted $30k for a car they paid $24K for just the day before...a car that I almost got for $24K. Finally they agreed to $26,500. Which means I'd have to pay around $30k after taxes. Thanks but no thanks...mama didn't raise no fool! I really dislike dealers...
So this is why there is no s2000 in my driveway right now.
Anyway, I needed to share my misfortune with you fine folks.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:44 AM

Well, s2k's hold their value pretty well. And if a dealership can pay him that type of money for his car then good for him. A dealership is a business. You obviously have to do safety checks and put warranty on the car. You have the right to ask more money for the car. Other wise what is the point in selling a car?? 2000 dollars more, no big deal. Anyways, good luck.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^^sales manager for honda!!! lol
Old 07-22-2007, 11:43 AM

S2sizzle do you really work at Honda? LOL~ $2000~ no big deal plus 13% tax... I work hard for my money. No need to defend the dealers. I know perfectly well that they have to make money. Anyway, what's done is done.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by 2000fever,Jul 22 2007, 11:43 AM
S2sizzle do you really work at Honda? LOL~ $2000~ no big deal plus 13% tax... I work hard for my money. No need to defend the dealers. I know perfectly well that they have to make money. Anyway, what's done is done.
You made it sound like you didnt have to pay tax for the $24,000 thru private sales. Keep in mind there is one tax involved.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM

no offense but i bought my car from a dealer. They bent over backwards for me when i had any issues with my car. You get what you pay for. Private sales are that, PRIVATE. You got issues or anyquestions, im sure if i sold you the car, i wouldnt be too pleased the new owner calling me 24/7 with what ever question came to his mind.

Bring in a trade in, helps with the tax Good luck!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:44 PM
woo

Originally Posted by MR2S2K,Jul 23 2007, 03:11 PM
no offense but i bought my car from a dealer. They bent over backwards for me when i had any issues with my car. You get what you pay for. Private sales are that, PRIVATE. You got issues or anyquestions, im sure if i sold you the car, i wouldnt be too pleased the new owner calling me 24/7 with what ever question came to his mind.

Bring in a trade in, helps with the tax Good luck!
Well said, it also helps to know someone at the dealership because sales staff are in it to make money not only for the dealership but for themselves. If you know a manager or know an employee get him to refer you to the manager. "I am so and so's friend and he told me to look for you because you can get me a good deal on vehicle" . It also helps to take your business to other rival dealerships and that works the best. However it won't work in your case because you're purchasing a used vehicle.

I know your itching for an S and having to deal with annoying sales staff at dealerships doesn't make it any better. But i think if you wait till fall or winter you might be able to find a good deal on a privately owned S. Good luck with your search.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:42 AM

s2000's DO NOT hold their value pretty well
i dont own one and it bothers me that its depreciated so much on buysell cause its really a great car, but many chumps are now driving it
Old 07-24-2007, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2000fever,Jul 22 2007, 11:43 AM
Yes, I manage Vancouver Honda. But what mr2s2k said, is exactly right. You pay more for you car, but you get looked after with the right ppl. Also upgraded warranty and safety inspections done as well.

Also if you look at our competitors vehicles

ie: 350 said i would sai our cars hold the value alot better.

Anyways if you guyz ever need help. Let me know and if i can. I can.

Frank,
Old 07-24-2007, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Azn_Empurio,Jul 24 2007, 10:42 AM
s2000's DO NOT hold their value pretty well
i dont own one and it bothers me that its depreciated so much on buysell cause its really a great car, but many chumps are now driving it
well if you dont own one, then yours isnt depreciating! All cars will, its just that the S may not depreciate at the same rate other cars do. Look at G 35s and so on. 02s Ss are costing the same as 04 G 35s ect. Then again what do i know?

and I do agree with you that MANY chumps are driving them now hahaha

Quick Reply: Dealers are annoying!