Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Do the ring in the late spring - Duffey Lake Loop Drive

Old 01-13-2015, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do the ring in the late spring - Duffey Lake Loop Drive

Plug this into your calender

When: Saturday May 9th 2015*DATE CHANGE to Saturday June 13th - Reason being: car is not ready for May 9th
Where: Duffey Lake Loop

7:00 am Start Gathering at McDonald's on Bridgeport@Sweden Way across from the Richmond Ikea

7:30 am Leave obnoxiously (sarcasm........maybe?)

Also a Starbucks a half block down. get that caffeine jolt

take hwy 91 to hwy 17

8:00 am Meet the Eastern group at the Colossus, in Langley off Hwy#1 (address: Colossus Theater
20090 91A Ave Langley BC)

8:30 am Depart and head to hope via Hwy#7.

*We can probably all meet in at the Chevron in Hope to gas up, before the fun begins!

PM your phone number and I'll add you to our whatsapp group

Updated approx. route

Sign-up:

1. 4bangr-604 - Jon
2. s2kcanuck - Chuck
3. s2kDrei - Andrei
4. capt_nyan - Simon
5. Kenny_son - Kenny
6. Timmigrant - Tim
7.killswitch - Dan
8. VTecpower_ap2 - Marco
9. Hedoerks - Henry
10. Leo

Details:

Vancouver to Vancouver and some road in the middle. North South East West

road trip with the s2k community and friends if they would like to join the run as well. photographers are always welcome, a added weight sure... but quality pics are a fair trade off. im sure there are lots of people willing to share.

Dont know what to do with that refund check maybe a gopro or dlsr should be on the list i mean who doesnt wanna see more of these

or just striaght to Lillooet then back. forget the loop. i hear the roads after whistler are epic.

this is a great time to get some planning done. in to hear from all the members and what they think we can do to make this a great trip for all.

thanks for the read. dont be shy all comments are welcome. if they are dumb im sure kenny will let you know!

Jon
Old 01-13-2015, 08:16 PM

My schedule is usually tight, but I'd love to join if time permits. I have front and rear HD dashcams on the 2K.

The loop is a nice day's drive, and counter-clockwise is supposed to offer better scenery. Gather for breakfast somewhere and then leave Vancouver area about 8am, get the boring Hwy-1 bits over with first. The route could go via Lougheed Hwy to Mission and across to Abbotsford ... takes longer but avoids the Port Mann bridge and the Surrey-Abbotsford traffic. Folks from Surrey and points south could join the group in Abbotsford. (We could surprise the daylights out of the HondaWay dealer by gathering there ... they are S2K fans)

On the road between Lytton and Lillooet there is a cliff-hanger section that's only one lane wide with a steep drop to the side (see attached link). There are a few delicious switchbacks between Lillooet and Whistler.

Will we have time to recover from all the adrenaline before heeding off to the Mount Baker run?

Video ... Narrow Cliffhanger Heading South Toward Lytton from Lillooet
Old 01-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm in, I have never tried the Duffey Lake loop before. Should we head out before 8 though? Also, the new highway 17 allows us to bypass the Port Mann toll bridge.

I don't think the date is firm yet. I don't think summer is a good idea b/c of the many camper vans that also travel the route.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:38 PM

Yeah that's why I was thinking early spring. Just after most of the crappy weather. My buddy did it last year with his dad and they had a blast. Lots of good driving. The root from hope to lytton is awesome! I did that last year. Lots of tunnels and some high speeds its great.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Community Organizer

Pick a date, Jon!
Old 01-17-2015, 09:56 AM

I'm in for sure if my schedule permits. Hopefully before the RVs and trailers hit the roads, early spring or late fall.

A word of caution ... I've been told that on some sections of the loop the cops are frequently out looking for speeders, but there are sections of the road that are just crying out for high speed cornering and acceleration.

As was mentioned, leaving before 8am is probably best, perhaps 7am. I like the suggestion of using the new Hwy 17 to bypass the Port Mann. I've never tried that trick.

Where would we assemble before heading out? Gotta juice up on caffeine!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:43 PM

plug this into your calender

Saturday May 9th 2015

7:00 am Start Gathering

7:30 am Leave obnoxiously (sarcasm........maybe?)
Parking lot meeting spot.

Bridgeport and Sweden Way in Richmond. Just off the Knight St. Bridge

there is a McDonald's on the corner and Future Shop. Also a Starbucks a half block down. get that caffeine jolt

take hwy 91 to hwy 17 and then rejoin #1 all the way to hope

******If there are any people in Maple Ridge or Abby we can think of a meeting spot along the way to regroup all together**********

we can stop at the Timmies in hope grab a bite if needed, then on to the Chevron for some car juice

then the fun roads begin continuing along the #1
Old 01-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Community Organizer

I think we should meet and leave a little earlier.

We can enter hwy 17 from the Surrey side of the Alex Fraser bridge.

Sign-up sheet:

1. 4bangr-604 - Jon
2. alSpeed2k - Alex
3. s2kcanuck - Chuck
Old 01-18-2015, 09:45 AM

Sounds like a plan! Let's pray for good weather. We could use May 16th as a fallback in case of rain.
McDonalds coffee seems decent these days, so that would be a good starting jolt.

I agree with stopping at Chevron, I like their 94 octane juice. 91 works well in stock F20 and F22 engines, but 94 has a bit more cleaning agent (Techron).
Old 01-18-2015, 03:50 PM

Hello,
I did the Drive in 2012 clock-wise and it was great fun and I am ready to do it again. We would meet you in the Abbotsford area.

Quick Reply: Do the ring in the late spring - Duffey Lake Loop Drive