Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

More Results From S100

Old 08-06-2003, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured you guys don't visit detailing-specific forums, it's more convincing to read about S100 from fellow Zaino users here than me.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=131449

Oh, and a side note, S100 is the same thing as P21S, just cheaper because they thought car owners are loaded and would pay more for the same quality stuff. True story.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:42 PM

Hmmm... I am tempted. I guess I'll be making a trip to Boundry road.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow ! I did not know P21S is the same thing ? Have you used it on top of coats of new or old z2 / z5 ? already ? If so can you post some results ? thanks..

s2ksimon
Old 08-07-2003, 08:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2ksimon
[B]wow !
Old 08-07-2003, 10:47 AM

I'm waiting for more guine pig before taking a dive
Old 08-07-2003, 01:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JL9000
[B]
Sorry I don't use Zaino. I've tried it several times before, and I think there are better polymer sealants out there for less money. It is a good product, but just a little expensive and hard to get.

No actually, Zaino used to expensive when it only used to be available in the States. But now, there's a guy in Vancouver that sells Zaino here and it's quite cheap. So if u want some Zaino, let me know!!

The S100 is good and very easy to apply compared to the Zaino, but honestly, I think the Zaino leaves a deeper shine than the S100. But the S100 would be good for a every day type of thing to do. Yes, I did say that. I wouldn't mind using the S100 after every shower Ruby gets. Oh, I got a case of 24 spring bottled water from the Superstore. I've read on the forum before that filtered water doesn't leave water spots on the car like normal tap water because it doesn't have any minerals..or not as much anyways. I'll only use the bottled water on special occasions. When it's really hot and sunny out. Sometimes I can't get the leaf blower out on time
Old 08-07-2003, 05:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by christy
[B]
Originally posted by JL9000

No actually, Zaino used to expensive when it only used to be available in the States. But now, there's a guy in Vancouver that sells Zaino here and it's quite cheap. So if u want some Zaino, let me know!!

The S100 is good and very easy to apply compared to the Zaino, but honestly, I think the Zaino leaves a deeper shine than the S100. But the S100 would be good for a every day type of thing to do. Yes, I did say that. I wouldn't mind using the S100 after every shower Ruby gets. Oh, I got a case of 24 spring bottled water from the Superstore. I've read on the forum before that filtered water doesn't leave water spots on the car like normal tap water because it doesn't have any minerals..or not as much anyways. I'll only use the bottled water on special occasions. When it's really hot and sunny out. Sometimes I can't get the leaf blower out on time
Actually ( ) there's no way the Zaino is deeper than the S100. Polymer sealants have no depth in nature, the only polymer sealant I've seen that is close to being deep is the Black Fire system. You may be mistaking reflectiveness from depth. I really hope you Zaino-holics can spend a good day at Autopia, it's truely a great place to be, and a lot of people ditch Zaino after a while. Not to say it's a bad product, but there are just better stuff that may cost the same or even cheaper.

Bottled water!? now that's just luxury. But you will still get water spots, not because of the minerals from the water itself, but the dirt that attrat to the water droplets and stay on the paint when the water has dried.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:13 PM

Oh, and since you're commenting after applying the S100 on TOP of Zaino, you can only get more depth, not less. It's the prep work that matters, and since you're using it as a top coat, you can't really improve upon what you're working with.

Next time try stripping everything and apply the Zaino, then immediately top it off with S100. In fact, it doesn't have to be S100. Any pure carnauba waxes will add depth, it's just that the S100 is the slickest, easiest to apply carnauba that happens to bring warmth to the colors. Zaino likes to attract dust, and I'm not too fond of that.

Of course, it all comes down to personal preference. If you like what you're using, use it, if not, try something else. I prefer the S100 out of everything I've tried, and i've spent over $500 on detailing supplies, not counting re-fills etc. Personally, the best polymer sealant is Black Fire, and Klasse is about the same as Zaino, except with less steps with the same results. The best carnauba is Pinnacle Souvern, which is about $100 a bottle, which is not worth it since the S100 is 95% as good for 1/5 the price. Then again, I admit the 5% of goodness is there, but most people don't care to look into the paint that much to appreciate it.

Cong: Go to Autopia. S100 isn't new stuff, but it's one of the best stuff, and you can read that in Autopia. I take what people on car-specific forums with a grain of salt for the reason that Autopia people are even bigger detail nerd than me, and a lot of them have spent upwards of $1000 to search for the perfect products. So don't take my words for it, see for yourself.

I only brought up this topic because I thought when Some Zaino-holics are convinced, you may be too.

One of the biggest detail guru at Autopia is Scottwax. Check out his gallery and guess what he uses. He's truly the detail god there, and everyone has nothing but respect for that Scott.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:11 PM

Moi? A Zaino holic? I only have like all their products...but that doesn't I'm a zaino holic does it?
I like the S100 too don't get me wrong. Its way more easier to apply than Zaino. But Zaino smells better
Old 08-07-2003, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by christy
But Zaino smells better
I agree.

Quick Reply: More Results From S100