Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

tonight grand prix.... go BrawnGP go...

Old 04-05-2009, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Firemonkey,Apr 5 2009, 12:08 PM
Don't have anything to record it with, think I'm going to upgrade to HD and get a PVR soon though. Ended up staying up to watch it
Good racing again
Definitely go HD + PVR, that's my set up since just before World Cup 2006 Although the F1 feed still doesn't look like it's full-on HD signal (the colours don't look quite like actual HD kind of crisp and clear) but at least it's been in 16:9 for past couple year. It's worth it

I just finished watching the race couple hours ago... I even watched through the whole thing after the red flag was out, can't believe that was 50 minutes of non-action but am glad to hear the things Eddie Jordan and David Couthard had to say on air (TSN commentary feed from England ) Never seen a <75% complete stopped race finish, I have seen red flag suspending race then resumed but this is the first half-points race I've seen! Crazy stuff... before that point, the racing was actually awesome!!! The passing and counter-passing were everywhere, I am a very happy and entertained F1 fan once again
Old 04-05-2009, 12:39 PM

Yep, really happy that TSN has the BBC coverage, it's good to hear Martin Brundle. Having been watching it on ITV for years, was looking forward to the 'no ads' BBC, but then I moved countries!
Up until the red flag it was a great race, lots of overtaking, the tires played a huge part once the rain came, but even when they were all on slicks there was still lots of fun racing. I'm so glad this season has started off like this, the usual winners are no where, giving a chance for some of the other drivers to shine, and Button is showing his class. I'm even thinking the cars aren't too ugly anymore, apart from that Renault, yuk.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:48 PM

Haha... yeah, actually I didn't think the cars were ugly when they all launched, I guess I believe in form follows function but right, Renualt has to have the oddest looking nose!!

Well, speaking of 'no ads', TSN has done this split screen ads in this race (didn't do that in Melbourne) which is better than cutting away completely to ads but as soon as ads come on, I had to hit mute and then sat up closer to the TV just to keep an eye on the race feed, heehee...

Really happy for Button too!! Interesting to follow how this McLaren fuss will play out... I am now gonna check out the threads over on the "off topic" area here, I am sure some usual active guys there have lots to say, haha... I, for one, just enjoy great racing and generally am happy with whoever comes out on top as long as it's deserved (which is very much a subjective thing, of course, haha...)
Old 04-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Haven't watched it yet, should be interesting I guess. Anything I should pay in particular attention to?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 PM

Nothing particularly stand out, it was just a good race, well, until the red flag came out that is
Button proved again what a good driver he is, given a decent car, Ferrari showed they're a little lost by making a bizarre decision with Kimi's tires.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:25 PM

F1 is awesome this year! The cars look way more clean cut, its way tighter racing and mixed up results, and look at Malaysia! Overtaking, overtaking, overtaking! I was actually almost biting my nails the whole race til the red flag cuz there was so much action. I've never done that before! F1 is better than ever this year.
We should all get together and watch the chinese gp in two weeks.