Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Upset with Vancouver S2K community

Old 05-09-2006, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upset with Vancouver S2K community

I was in the market for a S2K as we all were at some point. After maticulous shopping around, i found the car that i wanted. I purchased it and drove it home. My dreams came true, i now own the car ive been wanting since it has came out.

Sure its no Ferrari, but i love it. I have been on s2ki and looked around the community. Wow a network of support. I think to myself great!

After driving around, You knowtice not to many s2ks out there on the road, intresting. Obviously the car was bone stock when i bought it but my goodies were being ordered.

So one day i was driving into richmond and i see my frist s2k comrad. I think great, ill wave at him and say hello. So i casually lifted the fingers off the steering wheel and gave him a friendly nod.

He looks at me and returns the dirtiest look, like my bone stock car wasnt even good enought to get his attention, or even a friendly gesture. He was some chinese guy who was about i dont know 110 lbs with boots, his girlfriend who at least smiled at me while i was turning left at the opposite end of the intersection. It was a silverstone S with some rims and that was about it.

Im not exactly stock anymore, but the moral of the story is we have quite a small community in vancouver every where else. That first encounter with another S left a really bad tast in my mouth.

I now have had the car almost a year and to make sure i never do what that S driver did to me, I wave, nod, smile at other S drivers, and I always get the same response back from them, a polite POSITIVE one.

Maybe he wasnt having a good day, or his girlfreind just broke up with him, or he found out he was gay? Point being, maybe when you see some one going out of their way to say hello or put them selves at a some what hanging situation and being left there to hang, while attempting to say hi.

As most of you know, i am in phoenix arizona! all the people up here that drive it are grey and retiered. But even they wave!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:15 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have had my fair share of arrogant drivers myself, so I understand you being upset. So far, the vancouver S2K drivers have been nice, and have waved, or nodded back. But I do understand that not everyone is as friendly.

That being said, I think that you title is misjudging the "WHOLE" vancouver S2K community. One does not justify the rest. I for one, will give you the biggest wave, if you come across me, and we are on a similar path.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:04 PM

Suddenly I hear a violin in the background...

JK... not everyone is as "happy" about owning an S ae we are.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:04 PM

s2k owner = meanie
wahahaha~~
Old 05-09-2006, 10:54 PM

Waving is gay, j/k throw up a finger maybe you get more smiles

Ok, but seriously, if you look at the seattle guys, they have like a weekly meet for taco's and stuff, heck even the NSX vancouver guys had some weekly or monthly meetings before. What do we do, maybe meet once every year, I guess having group interaction (helping each other install parts, tips tricks and friendly conversation really benefits the local scene sometimes)
I think the S2 guy's in Vancouver are just disappearing or not caring to go on S2ki, honestly we are in the very very bottom of the postings on this forum for region/area. Could it be we just don't like seeing each other and meeting up, maybe some S2 owners envy others or some of them just went into hiding...

I think we can resurrect Vancouver S2 group, and represent more, freaking we have enough people with s2k's just not enough of them put their own words or thoughts into actions. MR2S2K you can be in charge of hte resurrection

My input of getting more waves for you
Old 05-09-2006, 10:59 PM

lol yeh sounds like some of the older seattle owners here, dont even wave or look at you but the others are nice
Old 05-09-2006, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,May 9 2006, 10:59 PM
lol yeh sounds like some of the older seattle owners here, dont even wave or look at you but the others are nice
send over some taco's
Old 05-09-2006, 11:41 PM

Hell, too many people are just in the "im better then you" mentality. Or my shit dont stink mentality. Too many guys out there think their shit is better then anyone else. I see seattle guys responding more in the Vancouver forum then the Van guys. I think it is pathetic how dead it is. Some post that i have responded to over a year ago still havent had any new post from anyone else.

Hell when i get back, well get a monthly thing going on.

Here in Arizona we have something going on for the whole year. Each month there is something that is planned. Instead of just some random, Lets get together meets. But i will help arange something for sure to help bring the van group to life.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:40 AM

I just picked up my S2k yesterday. 02 Sebring Silver with plate 000.

Flash me some nice boobies if you see me. or should it be
Old 05-10-2006, 11:17 AM

Maybe you bought your car off of the guy who didn't wave
The story said his was Silver.

Oh, and congrats on the purchase... You'll love it!

Quick Reply: Upset with Vancouver S2K community