Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

What rims would look good on my car?

Old 12-04-2010, 02:06 PM
OTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AJ-racing had Volk CE28 honda edition time attack (white with red stripe) in stock. i've seen it in person it is beautiful.
i remember they were selling it for $2500 but i dunno if they still have them.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw them. They have been in that store for well over a year I think. Jason showed them to me but I want the black with red lip. I have found white and red all over the place.

Anyway I may be making a deal with someone shortly ..., stay tuned!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting... I see black with red strip all the time. I think white with red strip CE28 is quite rare, not to mention in Vancouver. Plus it'll look great with GPW.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:05 PM

Looks like you've made up your mind, but here's another option in case you haven't:

Enkei nt03

Old 12-04-2010, 11:11 PM

not a fan of time attack at all. but thsoe ce28 genesis are just mighty mighty.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:10 AM

dave imo the pedo bear wheels are better choice... seriously lol. I really do like thoes nt03 over the volks. Volks are really played, but if the car you envisioned when you bought the s2000 had volks then no ones gonna change your mind. You have my support emotionally and physically wait wut?lol
Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 AM

Have you looked into the Meister knock offs?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=762395

They would be one of my first choices, however I will be powder coating my AP1 wheels and dropping my car an inch before I get anything.

Powder coating cheap aluminum wheels can reduce their strength up to 25% however, an OEM or high quality forged wheel is far less likely to suffer any loss of integrity from the powder coating. Also powders are available at lower cure temperatures and if the wheels are "flash powdered".. the powder will get up to 350 deg but the wheel wont. They just need to crank up the heat on the oven and pull the part out faster than usual. I do powder coating for an OEM, so we dont do outside powder work but I've done some wheels in my off time and strength has never been an issue.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:42 AM

I did envision my car with the time attacks and I have seen them on other cars and always thought that they looked great. Sure there are others..., the Genesis are very nice and so are the Konig Zero INs but they don't come in an S2000 friendly spec although the Genesis do.

My car has a red hand painted pinstrip down the side thus the red lip of the time attack and I have carbon fiber on the car and the roof which makes black an nice accent. I found white time attacks to just be too much white.

If I'm going to pay a big buck for wheels then I want to get something that I like 100%. I put this thread out there because someone might have a suggestion that I Had not seen yet and it might sway my decision, but thus far anything I found that I liked either doesn't fit or is very expensive.

Powder coating would be something I look at if I can't find something that I like, for sure so I may be in touch for more information Jason.

Thanks for your input. Mike the pedobear rims are hawt I gotta say..., need some fangs and red eyes to accent..., and perhaps in satin black..., but then I would be torn, when I am cruzing do I take the candy van or the S? Well there is more room in the Van !!! lol
Old 12-05-2010, 02:29 PM

Even though everyone says the Enkei RPF1 is a played out wheel for the S2K, it's still my favourite rim.

How about a black set of RPF1s with red tuner lug nuts? Understated, but lightweight with an aggressive oem type appearance.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:56 PM

rpf1's are totally played out.

i can't wait to buy new rims

Quick Reply: What rims would look good on my car?