Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

What shop do you use for the S2000.?

Old 02-21-2007, 02:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

hahahah thats funny...considering there are 2 guys that work there with an S2000.

and last week i saw a red s2k in for service in there.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelus1243,Feb 18 2007, 12:49 AM
I'll leave it to Geppetto to organize something in the future, but in order to even get this idea off the ground we would have to get a list of people fully committed to supporting this idea.

If the list is substantial and serious, then we could get together and start deciding, as a group, where we would like to approach and hopefully work some sort of deal out. From my experience in the riding community, commitment is just as important as number of people. If we get all 30 people signed up, but most of'em just show up once and never come back, then what's the point? All that does is ruin the reputation of all of us.

If we get 10 people, and repeatedly go back for all regular maintenance, emergencies, accessories, body work, aftermarket parts and whatever, then they're more inclined to give us that discount, or that extra mile in personal service.

I really hope this pans out because I would like to know that if my car ever craps out for some reason, the manager at whatever dealership is going to go out of his way to get my car taken care of [for a fair price] or he'll fight to make sure my warrantee is honored.
I totally agree with this. We had tried to set up a deal with Westwood Honda, but too few of the members went, and when someone finally did show up and identified themselves as a club member, the service advisers looked at them like they were an alien freak. It just didn't fly.

The reason it did not fly was because we just didn't get the commitment from the local members. We had some people show up just for questionable warranty work (they blew their engines and needed someone to go to bat for them). In one case, the service manager at Westwood intervened on behalf of one of our members that was having a hard time at another dealership. The other dealership denied the warranty claim and of course Honda Canada agreed with them. After the Westwood service manager got involved, Honda Canada agreed to do the repair on a goodwill basis. Then the member with the problem took it to another dealership to get the work done .

If it is going to work, it has to be worth the dealerships while...

I think we should wait until Spring to set something like this up, as more cars will be on the road.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so did it work? did you guys form a team up?

it's definetly a good idea to set stuff like this up, we can even organize some dyno tuning events, where we invite tuners from US/local and get gourp deal for that, that way we not only make sure our Ss are maintened by trustworthy mechniacs, but we also make sure that our cars are tuned by creditable tuners. I have seen some events like this when I had my FD, and it's absoluetly benifitical for the owners.

just my 2 cents.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by nutar,Feb 15 2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys.
Marv jones is the worst.
I have had a some bad visits.
We should make a sticky about this
the S has different needs than alot of other cars.
I am on your side, there is just something wrong with their attitude I experienced.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JMT in burnaby
Old 12-12-2007, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Angelus1243,Feb 18 2007, 12:49 AM
I'll leave it to Geppetto to organize something in the future, but in order to even get this idea off the ground we would have to get a list of people fully committed to supporting this idea.

If the list is substantial and serious, then we could get together and start deciding, as a group, where we would like to approach and hopefully work some sort of deal out. From my experience in the riding community, commitment is just as important as number of people. If we get all 30 people signed up, but most of'em just show up once and never come back, then what's the point? All that does is ruin the reputation of all of us.

If we get 10 people, and repeatedly go back for all regular maintenance, emergencies, accessories, body work, aftermarket parts and whatever, then they're more inclined to give us that discount, or that extra mile in personal service.

I really hope this pans out because I would like to know that if my car ever craps out for some reason, the manager at whatever dealership is going to go out of his way to get my car taken care of [for a fair price] or he'll fight to make sure my warrantee is honored.
this idea will never happen here in vancouver or GVA and i mean NEVER!!!!!!!!! reason for this is that local s2 owners wont even come out for a car meet, it seems like 95% of the ppl here use the forum for parts (buy/sell). only potential on getting a bunch of ppl to come out is those tbc go cart meets and who knows how well thats turning out....
Old 12-12-2007, 03:58 PM

Middlegate Honda all the way.

or just come to Northshore acura for non warranty work and ask that Vincent work on your car. He works on mine here for everything that is not warranty related or else i send to middlegate.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:18 PM

I would suggest Richmond Honda
And ask specifically for Ken Law

One of the best mechanics I know of, in general
I shadowed him when i was doing my first year mech.app
He is extremely anal on every little detail
For internal work on my car, I wouldn't bring it to anyone esle
Old 12-12-2007, 04:21 PM

Another local shop I would suggest for a better price
Would be Gearheads
The tech trained @ AJ Racing
So i am pretty confident that he would know what he is doing
Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 PM

kinda off topic but kenny told me you are a tattoo artist truong..is that true? if so please pm me

Quick Reply: What shop do you use for the S2000.?