Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bunk Tire Rack Kuhmo MX tires..

Old 02-08-2005, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bunk Tire Rack Kuhmo MX tires..

I swear.. it's never ending..

it all starts with this:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=244793&hl=

The car has been sitting in a garage for a while now.. my buddy is selling his 01' so he gave me his cleaner factory wheels to replace mine... out of curiousity I took it for a spin wondering about the whole pulling issue.. sure enough.. it was gone.. the car has new tires on and drives straight.. So I had been bringing my car into service all summer investigating EVERY possible issue, the car sat at honda for months over the summer and fall.. finally I find out it was bunk tires I recieved from tire rack..

Now after all that trouble with my car allllll last year tire rack wont do A THING for me.. I don't get it... They wont do anything because there is more than 2/32 of wear on them.. well YEAH.. The problem didnt start right from the beginning and I spent most of it driving back and forth to honda to get the damn car fixed.. well, honda/firestone/sears/other alignment places etc..

I certainly didn't cause the tires to wear unevenly from daily driving... the car is in tip top mechanical shape as I brought it in 218423723 times over the summer to get EVERYTHING checked out.. the only thing that is left are the tires... and they wont take responsibility for them?

I suppose I'll call tomarrow and try try again.. but if nothing comes of this it will be the LAST set of tires from Tire Rack that I purchase..
Old 02-08-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So when you replaced your front tires within the first 24 hours did you replace them with Kuhmo's?

I'm assuming you had Kuhmo's front and rear and your buddy had s02's when you borrowed his wheels. Did you borrow just the rears or both?

If you only borrowed the rears then how can you say Tire Rack sold you bad tires? Did someone see the tires that Tire Rack sold you and tell you that they are defective?

Old 02-09-2005, 08:49 AM

OK.. originally I had purchased both front and rear Kumho MXs from tire rack for the S.. both purchased at diff times.. it was about time to change the fronts when I first brought it to honda.. so they told me to change them and see if the prob went away.. ordered a new set of Kumho MXs from tire rack for the fronts... problem was still there.. got all sorts of work done.. parts replaced.. the problem was still there.. finally I switched my rear tires to my buddies tires and the problem was gone.. I'm still driving on his tires now.. he gave them to me.. the tires are not S02s, they are just some all season kumhos he bought to last a few months before he sold the car.. only he ended up doing far sooner than he expected so they are brand new..

I'm not sure what youre thinking.. basically... I had a problem.. switched the rear tires.. now theres no problem.. leading me to believe the problem was the rear tires.. no?

and believe me.. I went through hell telling them it WASNT the tires.. it just doesnt make sense to me.. but it seems it is..
Old 02-12-2005, 08:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have not talked to you about this at all so I don't know what is going on. I wish you guys on the forum would call me when you buy something. I can then follow up much easier on problems.
To get to the tires. I can't really figure out what the problem is. Rear tires will not make a car pull. Front tires do. It is true that the tire mfg's will only warranty in the first 2/32 for out of round or radial pull.
I would suggest calling customer service first and then maybe contacting Kumho. A lot of times the tire mfg's will do more for the end user than they will for us.
Let me know if I can help.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:39 PM

Kumho aren't the best tires to begin with (which is why they are nearly 1/2 the price of other performance tires) but like Jim said the rear tires shouldn't cause the car to pull, did you switch tires only with your buddy or his rim/tire combo? Could be the rims slightly out of round, could be the tires, sometimes certain tires just don't agree with certain cars suspension geometry and settings. Sucks about having all that down time though.