Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bridgestones! RE-71R

Old 03-06-2015, 04:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaGou
Originally Posted by IwantanS' timestamp='1425503469' post='23527708
I had my 17x9 TC-105Ns mounted on (front) 245/40/17s today. Wheel and tire is 39 lbs according to my scale. Not bad huh?

Is there a lot stretch with 245s on the 17X9?

Pictures pleeeeeeeease........

There's no stretch, the tire is pretty square:

[attachment=74798:WS 1.jpeg][attachment=74799:WS 3.jpeg][attachment=74800:WS 4.jpeg][attachment=74801:WS 2.jpeg]
Attached Thumbnails New Bridgestones!  RE-71R-ws-1.jpeg   New Bridgestones!  RE-71R-ws-3.jpeg   New Bridgestones!  RE-71R-ws-4.jpeg   New Bridgestones!  RE-71R-ws-2.jpeg  
Old 03-06-2015, 05:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does look nice.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:47 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The tire doesn't look stretched but I can see it rounds over on the corner causing the actual contact patch to be more narrow than other tires.
According to tirerack the treadwidth for the size you got should measure 8.6".... care to verify that with a measuring tape?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by d1000rr
The tire doesn't look stretched but I can see it rounds over on the corner causing the actual contact patch to be more narrow than other tires.
According to tirerack the treadwidth for the size you got should measure 8.6".... care to verify that with a measuring tape?
Yeah that's about right. The 255 is 9.5ish (9.6 spec).
Old 03-07-2015, 06:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IwantanS
Originally Posted by d1000rr' timestamp='1425653235' post='23529669
Thanks for the pictures. Not stretched at all. 255 for my 9.5 for sure. You must have them on the car by now. Any initial impressions?
Old 03-07-2015, 06:44 PM

I just had 225/255 combination put on my new used 2007 yesterday. Got some miles on them today. The ride is much nicer than the previous tires which were the original oem (car has 25k miles). They are very sticky and will be really fun in the summer. They look fantastic on the car. The only negative right now is that they pick up every pebble on the road and that is a little annoying. I am a little concerned of rock chips up the back quarter panel. We recently has a lot of snow and ice melt and there is way more pebbles and stones on the road than usual. Once I get the car out on the main road the pebbles are no longer a problem and I am really enjoying the ride so far.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by clarksas
I just had 225/255 combination put on my new used 2007 yesterday. Got some miles on them today. The ride is much nicer than the previous tires which were the original oem (car has 25k miles). They are very sticky and will be really fun in the summer. They look fantastic on the car. The only negative right now is that they pick up every pebble on the road and that is a little annoying. I am a little concerned of rock chips up the back quarter panel. We recently has a lot of snow and ice melt and there is way more pebbles and stones on the road than usual. Once I get the car out on the main road the pebbles are no longer a problem and I am really enjoying the ride so far.
Took the car out again today and I am completely sold on these tires. Getting to know this car at the same time as the new tires. I had driven Zs for years and this is a much different and imho a much more fun car to drive hard. When I purchased this car last week I was thinking maybe i would hold on to it for the Summer and then sell it. Nope. Keeping this car. I think the tires are awesome.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by clarksas
Originally Posted by clarksas' timestamp='1425786267' post='23531354
Took the car out again today and I am completely sold on these tires. Getting to know this car at the same time as the new tires. I had driven Zs for years and this is a much different and imho a much more fun car to drive hard. When I purchased this car last week I was thinking maybe i would hold on to it for the Summer and then sell it. Nope. Keeping this car. I think the tires are awesome.
Just an FYI from Tire Rack:

Tires are comprised of many layers of rubber, steel and fabric. Due to these different components, your new tires require a break-in period to ensure that they deliver their normal ride quality and maximum performance. As tires are cured, a release lubricant is applied to prevent them from sticking in their mold. Some of the lubricant stays on the surface of your tires, reducing traction until it is worn away. Five hundred miles of easy acceleration, cornering and braking will allow the mold release lubricant to wear off, allowing the other tire components to begin working together. It is also important to note that your old tires probably had very little tread depth remaining when you felt it was time to replace them. As any autocrosser or racer who has tread rubber shaved off of his tires will tell you, low tread depth tires respond more quickly. Don't be surprised if your new tires are a little slower to respond (even if you use the exact same tire as before). Their new, full depth brings with it a little more tread squirm until they wear down.

Note: Be careful whenever you explore the capabilities of your new tires. Remember that every tire requires a break-in period of 500 miles for optimum performance.

Although I suspect 500 miles is probably overkill.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IwantanS
Originally Posted by d1000rr' timestamp='1425653235' post='23529669

So have you driven on them yet, interested in hearing you thoughts on the tire.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 207 Likes on 163 Posts

Here is a link that Tire Rack did comparing the RE-11A and the RE-71R good reading.

http://www.tirerack....ay.jsp?ttid=198

Quick Reply: New Bridgestones! RE-71R