Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Tire Rack

Old 04-03-2003, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

negative remark about Tire Rack

ok first off, im pissed..... i placed on order on AVS ES tires about 6 weeks ago from the Tire Rack website, and i was notified that the tires were on back order... Ok, no problem, i'll wait... Dallas from Tire Rack said that the tires were going to ship out to me on the 28th of this month... So i contaced Dallas several times to make sure that the tires were going to be shipped out the day that was promised.. He replied with, "yes they are going to ship out on the 28th".....it is now the 3rd of April, and NOTHING has arrived.. So i just called tire rack and they tried to track my order... then they told me that there was no order... so im like ok WTF .... then the customer service lady said that they wouldnt be getting my tires in, until April 11th... So i cancelled my order... i have never been so pissed at a company's sloppy transactions before..... this is the last time i do business with Tire Rack... I am a customer service rep at Sprint PCS, and if something like this happened in our company, there would be a problem...

this is just a heads up for future Tire Rack customers..... if you're going to ban me for telling the truth about a bad transaction with a sponsor, then so be it.... but im PISSED....

P.S. when i talked to customer service, the funny thing is, they had NO RECORD of my order information, yet Dallas from TireRack seemed to have been making all kinds of promises about my shipment...

EDIT:: Alex from Tire Rack explained what went wrong, i actually will be a return customer for Tire Rack, because they were so helpful and actually followed up....
Old 04-03-2003, 12:44 PM

here is just ONE of the emails i sent to Tire Rack, confirming my order... and the response is at the bottom....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 12:27 AM
To: dallas@tirerack.com
Subject: RE: tire order.....

hmm.. do you think they'll get to me by the 28th? or
will they be shipped on the 28th? im hurting for new
tires.. =) ...thanks

-brandon-

They should ship out on the 28th. When they get to our Reno warehouse
Thanks again,
Dallas@TireRack

__________________________________________________ _

oh yea? the 28th huh? BULLSHIT
Old 04-03-2003, 01:38 PM

that's what u get for ordering cheapo tires.

on a serious note, tirerack also sucks about their guarantee of fitment. try and call 'em; they tell you yeah these rims fit the s2000 for sure and we guarantee it.... but then you tell them ok, i'll put 'em on and if they rub i can return it right? nope... you're gonna have to figure that out before you purchase it.

wtf?

And like 99% of their rims that they claim they fit rub and some even stick the out the fender well --> u remind me of my jeep i wanna ride it.. what a joke

good luck dude.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:27 PM

yea thanks... i have just learned to never buy a thing from Tire Rack again.... I had to go to FireStone and tell them to give me whatever they had in stock, which i should have done 6 weeks ago, had i known that Tire Rack would screw me like this....

on a lighter note, Jim, you seemed very helpful, but the company you work for can go to hell....
Old 04-03-2003, 05:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2quick4U
[B]I am a customer service rep at Sprint PCS, and if something like this happened in our company, there would be a problem...
Old 04-03-2003, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by scooby2
Oh like Sprint PCS gives good customer service.... I was a customer for 5 years and I gladly paid the $150 cancellation fee to leave Sprint PCS.

the thing about SprintPCS is that if customers ever get screwed like i have by Tire Rack, their account gets credited anywhere from $50 to $200... all i got from Tire Rack was an "Oh were sorry"
Old 04-03-2003, 06:58 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

To me this is so funny. I had just the opposite happen. I ordered SS Brake Lines and they also went on back order. But when I was contacted by e-mail that they were ready to be shipped over a month later, I e-mail back that night to cancel them and was told by a lady customer service rep that I did not give Tire Rack enough time to cancel the order. I was then told that I could return the lines and just pay for the shipping. What is even worst was the lines where shipping the night after Tire Rack received my e-mail. I kept the lines because I was not about to pay shipping on a product I didn't have and I really did want them. Only I was going to get them from a different company for $20.00 less. And now that I am in the market for a new set of tires for my truck, well I am going elsewhere, Tire Rack has loss me as a customer.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by scooby2
Oh like Sprint PCS gives good customer service.... I was a customer for 5 years and I gladly paid the $150 cancellation fee to leave Sprint PCS.
funny thing is, if you were a customer for 5 years, that means you didnt have a contract, and wouldnt have to pay $150 to cancel...
Old 04-04-2003, 06:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no idea what happend with your tire order or why it didn't ship. I sure widh you would have called me to place the order in the first place. I would have stayed on the order and kept you informed. Now on the Tire Racks defense we don't make tires. If Yokohama tells us something and we tell you waht they said and it doesn't happen what are we suppose to do. Your saleman should have called you to inform you it didn't happen but we don't make the tires and have no control when we receive them.

WRS2K as far as guarantee on the fitments. We do take the wheels and tires back at no charge for a package that doesn't fit. We don't want you to call back after driving on them for a month and say they don't fit but if you call when you put them on we will take them back no questions asked. I have done this on certain wheels like the ASA when it first came out. The offset that the wheel mfg gave us was not what we had listed.

All of these things could have been taken care of better I agree. But did anyone place your order with me? Did you call me to help with the problem? I will do whatever I can to help in these situations.

If you have a problem call me. I would prefer you call me to place the order also but I will help when something goes wrong.

Jim
Old 04-04-2003, 06:58 AM

Sprint PCS Customer Service is an oxymoron.

Quick Reply: Problem with Tire Rack