Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to have to respond to you about my biggest problem with Spring PCS. It's the wait. It always takes about an HOUR to get through on the phone to a representative, and there's always an hour wait to get to the counter at the sprint stores. Overall it's just so lame. They should try hiring some more people. The "due to overwhelming response to the recent special offer, your wait time may be prolonged." Since there is ALWAYS a special offer going on this is ludicrous.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes we are under-staffed, i agree..... that just gives the current employees more headaches....
Old 04-04-2003, 12:24 PM

Alrighty..... Lets stay on the subject here, please.

I have nothing but great things to say about Jim and his service. Clearly this is the real world and unfortunity things like this happen, its happened to me before as well with one of the sponsors from this board also, course it wasn't his fault it was UPSs' but believe me I feel your pain my package was lost for about 4 weeks, so believe me I feel your pain.

I will vouch for Jim from Tire Rack, he set me up nice. If you need help ask Jim to help you out...
Old 04-04-2003, 07:39 PM

I'm with darkknight1999....

I used Tirerack for the first time yesterday to order a set of rear S02's and ordered through Jim personally rather than anyone else or via the website. Asked for Saturday shipment and received them today.

Seems like the solution is to deal directly with Jim since he is the contact there that answers our questions we ask on this forum.

Thanks Jim
Old 04-05-2003, 05:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately we messed up an order. We are not perfect but we do have to rely on other outside sources and information. Dallas should have done a better job of keeping you informed though.
If there is anything I can do let me know.

Jim
Old 04-05-2003, 06:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Haven't bought anything yet from TR, but Jim has been very cordial and helpful on the phone!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2quick4U
[B]
oh and how many cell phone carriers actually have a customer service counter in the store???
Old 04-05-2003, 11:52 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I have read some very good stuff about Jim and Tire Rack on this site and I think it is great that they support s2ki, but I do not think that I was treated correctly by Tire Rack's customer service. Part of the problem may of been mine for not contacting Jim, who I did talk to originality, but the lady who I exchange e-mails with and Tire Rack's policy on my problem has still turned me off to that company.
Old 04-06-2003, 09:11 PM

Sprint PCS has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. No comparison. Period.

Talked into the worthless LockLine warranty. $400 phone dies after about a year or so, weeks upon weeks of hassle to get a replacement phone that is not even close in comparable features. Took Sprint folks at several stores about 10 tries to figure out, that yes, my phone didn't work as I said originally. Sporadic means what it means ding dongs.

Blew hours and hours of my time due to incompetence of customer service. Had to make tons of analog calls, had lots of dropped calls and getting needlessly charged for minutes due to their phone being a POS. Without a functional phone, I was losing business and convenience for weeks.

Sprint seems to care only about roping in new customers, not customer retention. Evidenced by many of their promotions for new customers only. Sprint tries to pass the buck, saying "we know LockLine sucks".... yet they still use and promote LockLine today. They must like giving sucky stuff to their customers.

I don't post often, but your post had the magic words of "Sprint" and "Customer Service". Many reputable sources rank Sprint very low in customer service. I would tend to agree, so this is more than a random rant.... call it a trend.

What's this have to do with S2K's and tires??????? Well, my tires on my S2K were as functional for telecommunications as my Sprint cell phone and service for a few weeks.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:16 AM

Originally posted by jknust
Sprint PCS has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. No comparison. Period.

Talked into the worthless LockLine warranty. $400 phone dies after about a year or so, weeks upon weeks of hassle to get a replacement phone that is not even close in comparable features. Took Sprint folks at several stores about 10 tries to figure out, that yes, my phone didn't work as I said originally. Sporadic means what it means ding dongs.

Blew hours and hours of my time due to incompetence of customer service. Had to make tons of analog calls, had lots of dropped calls and getting needlessly charged for minutes due to their phone being a POS. Without a functional phone, I was losing business and convenience for weeks.

it takes 5-10 minutes to do what we call a 'DHRP', which is basically ordering a new phone for a customer that owns a phone with manufacture malfunctions.... as far as your dropped calls goes, SprintPCS has 98% of this country covered digitally, Verizon is behind us with 94%.... and according to Consumer Reports of last year, SprintPCS's handsets were rated the highest out of all the service providers....

Sprint seems to care only about roping in new customers, not customer retention. Evidenced by many of their promotions for new customers only. Sprint tries to pass the buck, saying "we know LockLine sucks".... yet they still use and promote LockLine today. They must like giving sucky stuff to their customers.

oh yea? our 'existing customer' rebates are alot better than what we offer new customers... maybe you should have asked about that....

I don't post often, but your post had the magic words of "Sprint" and "Customer Service". Many reputable sources rank Sprint very low in customer service. I would tend to agree, so this is more than a random rant.... call it a trend.
count how many mobile phone stores you see with a designated customer service counter..... yes we get our fair share of pissed off customers that have nothing better to do than bitch and moan about this and that, when chances are, it was their fault that the phone broke in the first place.... but its always easier to throw the blame on the company

back to the subject, im sure Jim is a great guy, but the fact is, he is not the CEO of Tire Rack... he cannot prevent every tire order from being "lost"..... I wont buy from Tire Rack ever again, and because of the inconveniance they put me at, i will warn anybody i know that wants to buy from them....
Old 04-07-2003, 11:43 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Hasn't anyone realized here that this thread is useless. Seems to me that apparently TireRack screwed something up. I also see that Jim from TireRack apoligized for it . I have also seen alot of complaints about Sprint PCS but don't recall any responses where Sprint was wrong (there may have been one that I missed so please don't repost it, I think you get it), seems like all of the complaints are not warranted and we just don't understand

I'll stop coming to this thread now.

Quick Reply: Problem with Tire Rack