Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Widest Wheel+Tire Setup W/out...

Old 03-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Community Organizer

Received 552 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by spitfirecwp
I'm on stock rear quarters, however, I'm pulled like a mother f er, I'm running 17x11+30 with a 275/40 with no camber. Like people posted earlier it all depends on how much work you put into it.
So you have pulled your fenders out 30mm? Oh wait and NO camber, so 45mm? Something isn't adding up Yes some pics would be great so we can see the whole story.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my work (I maybe wrong, so do correct me):

Your Rear:
17" x 11", +30 offset, with 275/40 tires
11"/2 = 5.5" on each side of the wheel with offset = 0. Offset +30mm = 1.18". So now we have 5.5" - 1.18" = 4.32" outside, and 6.68" inside from centerline.
tire is 10.83" wide; 4.33" sidewall; wheel = 25.66"
Your tire with offset becomes (10.83"/2)-1.18" = 4.24"

AP2 Stock Rear:
17" x 8.5", +65 offset, with 245/40 tires
8.5"/2 = 4.25". Offset +65mm = 2.56". So AP2 stock has 4.25" - 2.56" = 1.69" outside, and 6.81" inside from centerline.
tire is 9.65" wide; 3.86" sidewall; wheel = 24.72"
tire with AP2 offset becomes (9.65"/2)-2.56" = 2.27"

CR Stock Rear:
17" x 8.5", +65 offset, with 255/40 tires
Wheel size and offset same as AP2 Stock Rear.
tire is 10.04" wide; 4.02" sidewall; wheel = 25.04"
tire with CR offset becomes (10.04"/2)-2.56" = 2.46"

Your Rear rim VS AP2/CR outside from centerline:
4.32" - 1.69" = 2.63" difference

Your Rear sidewall height VS AP2/CR:
AP2: 4.33" - 3.86" = 0.65" difference
CR: 4.33" - 4.02" = 0.31" difference

Your Rear tire width VS AP2/CR:
AP2: 4.24" - 2.27" = 1.97" difference
CR: 4.24" - 2.46" = 1.78" difference

So, I guess the gap between the wheel and the rear quarter panel can still clear with only 0.65" difference AP2, and 0.31" with CR. But Can fender roll really achieves and accommodates 2.63" wheel, and 1.78" in tire width difference? You do stretch the 275 on 11" rims a little bit tho.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will post pics soon no worries. Please note like the above mentioned there is stretch when putting a 275 on an 11inch wheel in fact I was running 18x9.5+22 in the rear with a 255/35 the stretch is the same as the 255 on a 9.5. When I tell you I have it on stock quarters obviously there is more then just a roll moving bumper tab and a slight pull. While my car was in the body shop I pulled/pushed my fenders out about 2-2.5 inches past the stock body lines. Where I had lil paint chip or small dent the body shop filled it in. Trust me you can do it on stock quarters but like I stated in my first post it really comes down to how much work you put into it. Btw there is a official thread for pulled quarters. You will see there is people on here that have even lower offsets then I do with the same quarter panel adjustments. Sorry I do not have pics to show you right this min but I will post some on here soon.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Community Organizer

I will post pics soon no worries. Please note like the above mentioned there is stretch when putting a 275 on an 11inch wheel in fact I was running 18x9.5+22 in the rear with a 255/35 the stretch is the same as the 255 on a 9.5. When I tell you I have it on stock quarters obviously there is more then just a roll moving bumper tab and a slight pull. While my car was in the body shop I pulled/pushed my fenders out about 2-2.5 inches past the stock body lines. Where I had lil paint chip or small dent the body shop filled it in. Trust me you can do it on stock quarters but like I stated in my first post it really comes down to how much work you put into it. Btw there is a official thread for pulled quarters. You will see there is people on here that have even lower offsets then I do with the same quarter panel adjustments. Sorry I do not have pics to show you right this min but I will post some on here soon.
Makes sense, but I'd use the term "stock quarters" very loosely, you have gone well beyond what constitutes the typical pull/flare. At what point does it become a modified quarter? Makes your fitment a bit misleading, considering I have actually fit a 11.5"/295 on a simply rolled stock quarter. With the 'right' offset I could technically fit a 13" wide rim with a 325 tire on yours, so that's how much you have modified your outer fender beyond its normal range, if what you are saying is accurate.

Cool none the less, id like to see some pics, though it would be even cooler if you wanted to really challenge yourself and stuff some 325's under those
Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Site Moderator

Received 349 Likes on 303 Posts

Ok so your fenders are not stock. If they have had custom work at a Bodyshop then they are no longer stock. I know that it is impossible to fit that wheel on a s2000 even pulling the quarter panel as much as you can with a roller and such. The quarter panel would buckle completely and even then your wounding have enough space for it to fit. Going forward I wouldn't call your fenders stock simply because it is misleading. Still can't wait to see some pictures since it would be nice to have an idea as to how one could modify the fenders without adding metal or material or running over fenders. Please post pics ASAP.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Good thread.

I also wondered this myself, and it seems like those running the much larger tires aren't willing to spell out exactly what fits and what won't. I'm not in a position to buy a new set of wheels and run wider rubber, but perhaps down the road we'll see. It would definitely be nice if someone shared their hard work w/ the rest of us so as to save us from redoing the the work/trial and error..

I'll be doing some work on my car today, if you want some measurements I'd be happy to take some while I'm working on the car. I'm really only interested in setup B as I have no intention of aftermarket front fenders. On that note, it seems like your table is pretty close in terms of what fits on a stock car w/o rolling fenders. The rear you're probably limited to ~275's w/o rolling at least from what I've read.
Yeah, it would be nice if you are to share this info. I think it would be great to systematically know what work and work not. I am not just talking about guess work, but actually knowing what rub and hit down to the very thin gap.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 AM

man, that is beastly! If it is truly like s2000Jucky say, fitting 325 instead under your EXTREMELY modified quarter panels, and it doesn't look like the car is on steroids, then that would something very cool to be had.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Site Moderator

Received 349 Likes on 303 Posts

It's difficult to spell that out because everyone is going to be a little different and there is a lot of variables that can be different from car to car. I think Junky's set up is fairly well documented on here as well as what he had to do to make them fit. Keep in mind his RFP1's are custom widened by weld craft so it isn't something that you can just buy off the shelf. No matter what you are going to have to do some of your own work as we can share what worked for us but just because it worked on my car it doesn't exactly mean it will work the same on yours.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
It's difficult to spell that out because everyone is going to be a little different and there is a lot of variables that can be different from car to car. I think Junky's set up is fairly well documented on here as well as what he had to do to make them fit. Keep in mind his RFP1's are custom widened by weld craft so it isn't something that you can just buy off the shelf. No matter what you are going to have to do some of your own work as we can share what worked for us but just because it worked on my car it doesn't exactly mean it will work the same on yours.
For some reasons, I think I skimmed through s2000Junky's thread on the setup documentation, but yet I can't find it anywhere now. Maybe it's my false memory tricking me.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfNA
Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn' timestamp='1364237417' post='22427248
For some reasons, I think I skimmed through s2000Junky's thread on the setup documentation, but yet I can't find it anywhere now. Maybe it's my false memory tricking me.
Here is a specific breakdown of what my specs are. If you have any more specific questions beyond this go ahead and state them.

Rear- 295/35/17
11.5" +63
-3 camber
12.75" fender to hub clearance (aprox 2" drop)
Bumper tab relocated and inner fender lip cut (or you could roll)
Inner fender well and shock tower housing banged in about 3mm to keep from tire and rim making contact under full suspension compression.

Front- 255/40/17
10" +58
-2.4 camber
12.85" fender to hub clearance
fenders rolled and pulled aprox 8mm

Quick Reply: The Widest Wheel+Tire Setup W/out...