Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolling Fenders

Old 04-25-2006, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolling Fenders

Well I am at the point where I have decided in order to get the drop I want and have a functional ride, I need to roll the front fenders. My 18's are rubbing like crazy when lowered below 1.5 finger gap. Im running 18 x 8 SSR GT3 +48 ( dont quote me on the offset, might be off) with 225 x 40 rubber.

Now my question.

What happens to the fender liner once the fender is rolled, do you take it out? Obviously the mounting tab for the liner would be pulled back? This has had me thinking for the last two days.

Also how hard is it to roll the fender, using the machine that bolts to the hub, a buddy of mine has it, but im concerned about cracking the paint as I have read on here a couple times.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Kel

You want to keep the fender liner unless you reinforces the underside of the fender some how(rubberized coating or something). Your tires will pick up little rocks and road debri and throw them up at the fender. When it hits the fender it pimples it outward so then it looks nasty.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would u roll the fronts?

dont roll the fronts and dont remove liner..

remove liner=caster will cause tire to GRAB fender and pull out/off

rolling wont do crap because the lip on front is like 1/8" and pushing it up wont make a difference because your liner should cover the edge anyway.

now for the rear.. rolling is good. front wont do crap. besides cause problems cause u move the tires..

now... bending the TAB up that hold the liner.. thats a good idea.

just my 2 cents coming from the guy who rides crazy ****ing offset wheels
Old 04-25-2006, 07:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Most people just cut the tab off, roll the fender across the top lip only, and trim the fender liner where it is needed.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:45 PM

I rub my fronts too but im not rolling the fenders just yet. Im on stock shocks and lowering springs and my coils are on its way as we speak. I hope when i have them installed with my particular setting i will not...
Old 04-25-2006, 08:27 PM

So im getting the impression here that I shouldnt roll the front fender?

Right now I can see where the front tire is hitting the fender liner, there are two sections where the liner bolts to the fender, one in front and one in rear directly above the tires, the front section is where I rub, I have already lost the plastics nut on both fenders here. I could technically pull back the tab there like rijowysock said, it looks like the metal wont be hard to bend back, and thus I would also be pulling the fender liner back as well. Thats the only place it rubs from what i can tell. Hmmmm

ep3minivan, what exactly do you mean by "roll the fender across the top lip only"

If i cut the tab off, where or how will the fender liner mount then?
Old 04-25-2006, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok.. ur rubbing tabs... so dont worry about it

tabs r like 57cents each.. and u dont even need those 2 ur rubbing out just leave it off..

would u rather have a lil noise here/there when tire touches plastic. OR have your tire catch the fender lip and rip it out/off.. check a few posts for kayvan pours pics..

my pass did the same thing. luckily a PDR guy fixed it up pretty good..

id just leave alone.. if i had a second chance i woulda never touched mine.. if wouldnt have pulled the fender out if i hadnt messed w/ the front fenders..

just leave and everytime u hear rub be proud ur slammed
Old 04-26-2006, 05:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock,Apr 25 2006, 10:51 PM
ok.. ur rubbing tabs... so dont worry about it

tabs r like 57cents each.. and u dont even need those 2 ur rubbing out just leave it off..
The tab is part of the fender.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:52 AM

The tab is where the liner mounts. I am going to jack up my car and then preload the suspension with the tire on to see exactly where the tire strikes, then I will either bend the area back, as i suspect its just where the liner mounts to the fender, or cut the area out.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:10 PM

does anyone have pix of s2ks with rolled fenders rear or front?

Quick Reply: Rolling Fenders