S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Biohazarde's Build

Old 01-16-2014, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biohazarde's Build

I bought an s2000 about 5 months ago, and vowed to keep it pretty stock. Well that idea never really works with me, and especially so after finding this site, and seeing everyones awesome builds and the amazing potential of this car. So over the last few months, this has been the journey of my s2000.

Here she is in her stock form, just back from be purchased, parked next to a Honda relative:
Biohazarde's Build-xsjseem.jpg

First mod was some megan track coilovers, and then also a couple cans of plasti dip on the rims:
Biohazarde's Build-lzodegi.jpg

Then i came across the thread about the hood vents, and thought they looked pretty amazing, so tried it myself. It was a little unnerving cutting the hood apart, of a car i just got a loan on about a month ago lol:
Biohazarde's Build-l82zd3w.jpg
Biohazarde's Build-rnarmi2.jpg
Biohazarde's Build-d3glasx.jpg
Biohazarde's Build-env2iez.jpg
Biohazarde's Build-vcrhktn.jpg

At this point i had also done the "UK exhaust mod" as well as a berk 70mm test pipe. I was pretty happy with the car overall, and figured id stay at that level for awhile. Then while browsing the forced induction for sale thread, I found a deal i couldnt pass up. It was 1slowSi's old build. So bought that up, and the fun began:
Biohazarde's Build-u4iyops.jpg

Comp Clutch stage 4 rigid. They sent me rigid by mistake, as i had ordered a sprung version. Thanks full-race! haha. But it was no big deal to me, so i just kept it. surprisingly enough to me, clutches on these cars are way tamer than on civics. I was greatly expecting a jerky ride, especially being unsprung, but it drives amazing still.
Biohazarde's Build-kwdnzx3.jpg

The kit i bought came with two turbos, this was the 6266, which i ended up not using, and instead used a turbonetics gtk500
Biohazarde's Build-1zjpcvu.jpg

Here the car sits, ready to go under the knife. My goal with this build (as opposed to the civic build you can see in the first picture) was to keep the car as stock as possible. This meaning not cutting wires, or removing braces, or trimming stuff away. The idea was to be able to go back to 100% stock if i wanted too.
Biohazarde's Build-h4byrav.jpg

The fuel uses an aem rail, 320 pump, and regulator with ID1000 injectors.
Biohazarde's Build-8eubgmo.jpg

Turbo manifold:
Biohazarde's Build-fjyvzyn.jpg

Turbo mounted on manifold, and now getting the intercooler set up. I think the thing i liked the most about the s2000 was that its like it was built to eventually have an intercooler, it fit perfectly and required only removing the black "grill" in the bumper.
Biohazarde's Build-vrhgzii.jpg
Biohazarde's Build-ev2q0gc.jpg

Just a crappy engine bay shot. got the fuse box turned, and went to a small Odyssey battery:
Biohazarde's Build-idj0smj.jpg

I know a lot of people arent a fan of Megan products. but up to this point i liked their coil overs, and their price on stuff is pretty good, and since this was an unplanned build, i had to stay cheap, so i also got a Megan racing drift spec 3 inch exhuast.
Biohazarde's Build-w818byi.jpg

Dont mind the fan on the video. the heat wrap on the downpipe had a lot of oil on it, so i was using the fan to keep the smoke blowing away lol.
exhaust

The car as she sits today:
Biohazarde's Build-fcrydgy.jpg

The car was tuned on 91 octane (we dont have 93 here, because of my elevation), and made 501 whp @ 16psi. The car runs 8psi (~375-400hp) up until 63 mph, where it gradually switches up to 16 psi by about 100mph, for traction reasons.

501whp Dyno run

And thats it for now! immediate plans are ap1 rear rims with drag radials (on order now). Followed by a 8.8 kit after tax time!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice build/numbers! Did you heat wrap the wiring running along the passenger shock tower? Your manifold looks REALLY close to the wiring bundle.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:50 AM

yes, everything (wires, ac lines, etc) on the exhaust side of the engine was wrapped. Some stuff was wrapped with the DEI tubes, and also with gold and silver reflective tape. Also, and i do not have a picture of it, but the wire loom that is next to the manifold in that picture, was actually moved to the bottom of the "frame rail" to give it a little bigger gap between the two. So far i have not melted anything lol.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:38 AM

Nice power for sure and what's the civic got in it? I have a 93 eg that's also boosted that's why I ask

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-16-2014, 08:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the interior Nice numbers.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 AM

I love my 3" Megan exhaust
Old 01-16-2014, 08:37 AM

Can't wait for my car to go turbo!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by bobbyrandolph440
Nice power for sure and what's the civic got in it? I have a 93 eg that's also boosted that's why I ask

It had a ls vtec with a 84mm GE sleeved, eagle rods, arias pistons block, with a portflow built supertech valve train head. it was a 100% built motor, capable of probably 7-800 horsepower. It made 400 hp at 16psi on 91 octane. It needed a bigger turbo and better manifold and e85 to get to the bigger numbers. But it was always a cursed car, and with nothing being stock on the car, you fix one problem and 2 more arise, it just wasnt worth the money or time anymore to me. so i stashed it and have been parting it out/stealing stuff for the s2000. It was fun though rolling up in a POS civic, and wrecking people in their fancy mustangs though lol. something the s2000 doesnt quite do as well (only because it looks nice and "sporty")
Old 01-16-2014, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by biohazarde
Originally Posted by bobbyrandolph440' timestamp='1389890334' post='22968354

It had a ls vtec with a 84mm GE sleeved, eagle rods, arias pistons block, with a portflow built supertech valve train head. it was a 100% built motor, capable of probably 7-800 horsepower. It made 400 hp at 16psi on 91 octane. It needed a bigger turbo and better manifold and e85 to get to the bigger numbers. But it was always a cursed car, and with nothing being stock on the car, you fix one problem and 2 more arise, it just wasnt worth the money or time anymore to me. so i stashed it and have been parting it out/stealing stuff for the s2000. It was fun though rolling up in a POS civic, and wrecking people in their fancy mustangs though lol. something the s2000 doesnt quite do as well (only because it looks nice and "sporty")
Ya I have a rs sleeved ls 84mm also with gsr head and 35r should make 500 or so on pump and I'm going to leave it alone it got head lift on the stock gsr and split a sleeve so I decided to make it bulletproof lol

Old 01-16-2014, 10:24 AM

looks familiar haha

Biohazarde's Build-8eg8b9p.jpg

Quick Reply: Biohazarde's Build