S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Turbo S2000 Motor Mounts

Old 03-20-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turbo S2000 Motor Mounts

I decided to go turbo. I just bought some pieces and will be finishin up my list of parts before I dig into building a a couple months. I will be aiming for around 425-450whp. My question is should I go with new OEM motor mounts or some aftermarket ones. I have been reading and am getting mixed reviews. Some say aftermarket ones are loud, obnoxious, and vibrate way too much. And others say they are alright. If anyone could give me some advice as to what would be best for my set up and the future.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:28 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

I've only heard they are loud and obnoxious. At 425 you may want a harder motor mount, I don't know. If you want to be comfortable I would suggest brand new OEM's.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a nice alternative to the hasport style mount is the hardrace/megan ones, they use the same design as the stock ones only stiffer
Old 03-20-2014, 11:36 AM

I have done some reading on this as well. I was going to buy the Megan ones but decided to keep my oem mounts in. I have head of some big power guys on oem mounts ? So idk
Old 03-20-2014, 11:41 AM

I've heard bad and good things about Innovative mounts, but went with them anyways. They now have the Heat shield, which i hope will help out. I did buy the 75a black mounts and plan to put heat repellent gold tape on the heat sheild to help combat the heat from the down pipe. I am also going to heat wrap the down pipe. I hope it helps.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. So I guess I'll ask. How much power have you run with oem motor mounts? Any issues??
Old 03-20-2014, 12:50 PM

I'm currently running a supercharger (355whp) with OEM mounts, but those don't produce the amount of heat a turbo would. Switching to turbo this April with the Innovative 75a mounts.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive got innovative... engine 75a, tranny 85a, diff 95a... works well for me, I was turboed last year and worked out good.... stock right now but going s/c soon... I made my own little heat shield for the passenger side, that's the one u gotta worry about depending on what manifold/turbo setup u go, or u can buy the shield innovative makes like previously stated... vibes do go up a little with this setup, but everything feels more in place with the mounts. before I would have a slight hesitation when starting out forward or reverse, now that's gone and the car goes when I want it to go... vibes aren't horrible though, only if our low rpm & high gear it will shake the hell out of the car, but if u have the rpm where it should be there's really no difference. I would suggest this setup to anyone
Old 03-20-2014, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by c130turboprop
ive got innovative... engine 75a, tranny 85a, diff 95a... works well for me, I was turboed last year and worked out good.... stock right now but going s/c soon... I made my own little heat shield for the passenger side, that's the one u gotta worry about depending on what manifold/turbo setup u go, or u can buy the shield innovative makes like previously stated... vibes do go up a little with this setup, but everything feels more in place with the mounts. before I would have a slight hesitation when starting out forward or reverse, now that's gone and the car goes when I want it to go... vibes aren't horrible though, only if our low rpm & high gear it will shake the hell out of the car, but if u have the rpm where it should be there's really no difference. I would suggest this setup to anyone

I really need to get out and check this car. I wanna feel your mounts as well now. Lol
Old 03-20-2014, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpetch05
Originally Posted by c130turboprop' timestamp='1395350579' post='23072988

I really need to get out and check this car. I wanna feel your mounts as well now. Lol

ya boy!! get over here, lol.... except my car is down for a few days waiting on parts cause i did this last night, lol... who needs steering wheels anyways, haha. my cruise control and horn quit working last week so I'm changing the srs cable reel, good thing that's what broke and sprung everywhere anyways, haha... btw jay, everyone loves to feel my mounts, bahahahaha lol sorry to thread jack
Attached Thumbnails Turbo S2000 Motor Mounts-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Turbo S2000 Motor Mounts