S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

RAIN H8R Build Thread v.2014

Old 04-22-2014, 04:06 PM

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts
Default RAIN H8R Build Thread v.2014

This thread will be used as a current modifications list for my S2000. This could potentially be used by other S2000 owners to replicate my setup to get nearly identical results on a dyno.

After talking with many knowledgeable S2000 owning S2ki members (MisMyS, 06S2k07Si, 518135, Mrsideways, elroy, ckit, hecash, rhouck, kidd6454, s2000442), Toan at Ptuning, Richard at TTS, a few guys at Kraftwerks, as well as my tuner and fabricators at King Motorsports (Tim and Mike), I decided to go back to the N1200 supercharger system.

My S2000 is a part time toy. I drive it on the few nice days we have in WI, car shows, spirited drives on scenic roads, and 2 or so road courses a year. The car must be reliable and simple while being able to do track days with no hiccups.

After the SOS TS Maxx turbo kit fiasco i took some time to thoroughly decide the direction I wanted to go. I strongly considered the Ptuning kit. I spoke to Toan at Ptuning for over and hour on the phone, realizing that kit was the one to get. I priced things out and even offered to purchase the entire kit off of a local (s2000442). However talking to ckit about the difficulties of keeping the engine temperatures in check, i decided away from doing a turbo setup. (Exhaust temps in the engine bay was not the potential issue, keeping coolant and oil temps down is). It seems every cooler needs fresh air to keep temps in line, an option not do able for me with a large FMIC.

Around the same time the new kraftwerks kit was coming out. But after alot of research and calls to kw, i decided to pass on that. Reasons: large front mount intercooler, additional cooler for rotrex oil, limitations of the blower rpm due to gated belt system, and at the time It was an unavailable option to purchase kit with the bigger 91 blower. That does not include the cluster f@#k that KW put on itself by mis managed advertising and information released on the kit itself.

TTS was in mind at the same time I was considering the KW kit, but cost was high (eventually a group by was offered at a GREAT price a few weeks after I ordered my new kit). I priced out doing a custom aftercooler with this kit but costs were even higher. I dont want to go into detail but Im rather hard on my car and the larger rotrex units (c38-91/C39-92) seem to fail when bounced off the limiter as well as no warranty on those units. I certainly was not going to run anythign smaller than a 91 at the very least. So TTS was out the window.

My last option was buying a used N1200 kit. Once I finally made up my mind no used kits were available that I liked. Chris at SOS offered the kit at a discounted price so I took him up on it. I ordered kit without a heat exchanger, diverter and discharge hose, no powdercoating, and the 1200 upgrade with the same 3.6in pulley I had before. To keep the costs down while being able to upgrade I purchased a frozen boost heat exchanger (http://www.frozenboo...be336c59dda17f3) and a Tial QR bov/diverter (http://www.tialsport...ovs/47-tialbvqr). I decided to run the QR because username Coolguy094 had noteworthy advice to do so. He founf the regular Q to be very loud on SC setups, and I agree. In addition, I plan to run a 1.5inch hose directed down to the ground to help dampen the noise of the BOV, I may run a filter if needed as long as flow is not sacrificed.

I also decided I wanted to address any potential temperature control issues that may arise on a track day. So i ordered the Mrsideways dual pass dual core radiator he is offering. It is artwork! This will keep my coolant temps in check, no problem. (https://www.s2ki.com/...tor-for-racing/) Be sure to skim to the middle of the thread for the latest version of the radiator, the first post is not the one being produced.

I also decided to jump in on the canton baffled and 4 sided trap door steel oil pan. In addition they offered the canton oil cooler kit at 25% off with the purchase of the oil pan, so of course I had to do that too. For now I will run no thermostat on the oil cooler, but if I have issues Ill buy the Mocal 200 degree sandwich plate. (https://www.s2ki.com/...-in-production/)

Not power related, but I also have a brand new set of MUGEN F-10 wheels coming in from King soon, and I am getting RE-11a tires installing in the next few days.

I also ordered the saikou michi S2000 catch can. It will be modified with twin -8an fittings on top. Ill run both valve cover vents to it, with breather filters on the side. It will assist with cleaning up the engine bay nicely while keeping other areas available for more important items. (http://www.saikoumic...tage0_S2000.htm)

That pretty much sums up my build for this year. I would like to upgrade my Kpro to Kpro3 so I can datalog some additional sensors. However converting to all PLX products to add oil temp and pressure, aftercooler water temp and possibly ambient temp along with the gauges to view these parameters live will add another $1000 to my build. So I may just add the oil temp and pressure and log via PLX Kiwi2. Once Kpro has the updated version with built in bluetooth available, Ill fully convert to PLX products.

My total and complete modifications list for my S2000:

2001 S2000 GPW w/Red and black leather

Interior:
02/03 airbag
02/03 gauge cluster surround
02/03 center console
02/03 door panels
02/03 soft top latches
04/05 radio door
Ricks black leather center console
Ricks black with red stitch leather shift boot
Civic Type R shit knob with red font
Modifry soft top eleastic straps
Pioneer head unit
Modifry DCI
Upgraded component front speaker system
04/05 Honda optional rear speaker system

Exterior:
S2000 Spec MUGEN F-10 wheels with 225/45/17 and 255/40/17 Bridgestone RE-11a tires for street driving/cruises
MUGEN center caps
MUGEN lug nuts
AP2v1 wheels with 225/40/17 and 245/40/17 Continental race slicks for road racing
Stock struts with espilier lowering springs
COMPTECH non adjustable front sway bar
Stock 00/01 rear sway bar
OEM Honda optional front lip
02/03 Tail lights
GT Motoring rear deck spoiler
JDM red Honda H emblems
Centric premium blank rotors with Stoptech pads for the street
Centric regular blank rotors with Carbotech XP10/XP8 pads for Road Racing

Engine:
2005 2.2L Longblock (stock)
Canton steel trap door and baffled oil pan w/air conditioning bracket and flywheel cover
Canton oil cooler kit
Tuning/power adders/electronics:
Hondata K-Pro (All tuning done by King Motorsports in New Berlin Wisconsin)
Hondata Traction Control
RAIN H8R spec N1200 Supercharger system (engine oil feed)
3.6inch supercharger pulley
Tial QR blow off valve with sc spring and 1.5inch outlet
Frozen boost 26x7x2 heat exchanger
Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
COMPTECH spec Walbro 255 fuel pump
Stock fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator
Stock header
Custom headerback exhaust by King Motorsports. 3inch to twin 2.5inch with vibrant ultra quiet resonator and Magnaflow mufflers utilizing stock AP1 exhaust tips
Mr sideways (s2ki member) custom dual core dual pass radiator with two spal fans
NGKBKR8EIX Spark plugs
Autometer dual gauge pod with functional window defroster
Autometer analog faced digital wideband
Autometer analog faced mechanical boost gauge

Drivetrain:
ACT HDSS Pressure plate with Honda TSB revised clutch disc
AP1 Flywheel
-4 an clutch line from master to slave
2006 AP2 Transmission
2001 AP1 differential with 2003 shot peened R&P. Shot peened case and LSD unit. All new bearings and seals as well

Old 04-22-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great! Welcome back to the N1200 club I had my SOS S/C kit for 5 years and don't regret it one bit.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back !

Old 04-22-2014, 04:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was waiting to see which way you would go.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great looking oil cooler setup!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What psi and octane are you at?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM

Thank you for the comments so far!

I suppose i should add that to the first post... 14ish psi with a 3.6in pulley on 93octane (up to 10% ethanol).

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

...kinda too bad that there's no specific information!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:04 PM

Ummmm. Yeah ok Brian! You must be laying in bed with your eyes half shut!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2014, 07:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That radiator really is a nice piece.

Quick Reply: RAIN H8R Build Thread v.2014