S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Invigorating the interior. not a total retrim

Old 02-06-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invigorating the interior. not a total retrim

Hi,

I've been sat in my nurburgring blue S for about 6 weeks now and think the blue interior could do with cutting against another colour? I like the blue leather but spots of black plastic just brings it down for me. I'm thinking either 50/50 black/blue some how or introducing another colour. Has anyone trimmed the dash effectively with out sticking crappy chrome stickers over everything. Am I going mad or do we all want to spruce up the interior a bit? I don't however want to totally change it though.

ta
Old 02-07-2015, 05:30 AM

Received 3,390 Likes on 2,461 Posts

I went about it a different way, adding blue to my all-black interior but you could do something similar just in reverse. I've seen pics of some nice blue and black s2000 interiors where guys added black to the blue interiors. The smurf blue is a bit radioactive and it needs taming down IMO, I think it looks much better when mixed up a bit. The seats are great, it is mostly the plastics that stand out a bit too much.

I would change up the door cards, remove the center console cover (I replaced mine with carbon fiber), change up the elbowpad armrest and shift boot. I found the center console cover to be a bit too bright for my liking. The dashboard is tricky, they make vinyl paint if you wanted to try and paint it black, and dashboard carpets are ugly. I wonder if you can wrap dashboards in vinyl wrap, and go with a black carbon fiber pattern of wrap, maybe ask around some vinyl wrap places if it can be done.

Pic of my interior change below:

Old 02-08-2015, 06:11 AM

no..your ide is quite brilliant
Old 02-13-2015, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
I went about it a different way, adding blue to my all-black interior but you could do something similar just in reverse. I've seen pics of some nice blue and black s2000 interiors where guys added black to the blue interiors. The smurf blue is a bit radioactive and it needs taming down IMO, I think it looks much better when mixed up a bit. The seats are great, it is mostly the plastics that stand out a bit too much.

I would change up the door cards, remove the center console cover (I replaced mine with carbon fiber), change up the elbowpad armrest and shift boot. I found the center console cover to be a bit too bright for my liking. The dashboard is tricky, they make vinyl paint if you wanted to try and paint it black, and dashboard carpets are ugly. I wonder if you can wrap dashboards in vinyl wrap, and go with a black carbon fiber pattern of wrap, maybe ask around some vinyl wrap places if it can be done.

Wow that looks pretty sweet and yes you're right. I like the blue, it's just a bit 'too' blue isn't it!? The black dash and door cards might be worth looking at. I don't mind the blue carpets and mats I think the top half of the cock pit, i.e. waste up, needs to be more black. with that said the black plastic is a bit tacky around the centre console.

You're picture below is inspiration enough for me to get started. cheers man
Old 02-13-2015, 10:07 AM

Received 3,390 Likes on 2,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphaquail
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1423319457' post='23497080

Wow that looks pretty sweet and yes you're right. I like the blue, it's just a bit 'too' blue isn't it!? The black dash and door cards might be worth looking at. I don't mind the blue carpets and mats I think the top half of the cock pit, i.e. waste up, needs to be more black. with that said the black plastic is a bit tacky around the centre console.

You're picture below is inspiration enough for me to get started. cheers man
Good luck, thanks for the compliments.