S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Those with the Modifry dash bracket, get in here! (Install/review on Pg. 2)

Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LookOut4TheYeti
Originally Posted by MikeekiM' timestamp='1431013688' post='23604833

X-Grip by RAM

I really like this mount... The 3-inch arm raises it up closer to the windshield and is VERY usable... The X-Grip arm is spring loaded and secures the phone quite well. As you can see in the photo, the phone is mounted high (but not too high...it just peeks over the dashboard), and the cord is away from the stick shift.

I use the x-grip as well. What adapter did you have to buy to get this to work with the modifry bracket? Is that the tom-tom adapter from modifry?
I ordered this ball mount that attaches to the Modifry bracket: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And then I ordered this 3" adapter that attaches the X-Grip to the ball mount: http://www.amazon.com/Ram-Mount-Comp...NMZM2Q7XNR5MS9

The adapter arm comes in different lengths. I originally ordered the 1" arm, but it was too short and ended up giving me the same problem I had with the iMagnet mount. The 3" arm provides enough length to get the power cord up high enough that I am not constantly bumping into it.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is what you need and I use for my iPhone 6: http://www.proclipusa.com/phone-hold...ut-a-case.cmsv

Swivels and tilts, very sturdy and has amps hole pattern to mount right to the modifry dash bracket.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
This is what you need and I use for my iPhone 6: http://www.proclipusa.com/phone-hold...ut-a-case.cmsv

Swivels and tilts, very sturdy and has amps hole pattern to mount right to the modifry dash bracket.
That will work with a case?

Any pics of yours in use?
Old 06-04-2015, 02:16 AM

The Modrify bracket and the universal smart phone holder they offer works great for any smartphone. Looks great, does its job and for $30 the price is good as well.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:34 PM

That's exactly what I installed but I am curious about the other holders that people are able to mount to the bracket.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the Modifry bracket, but as I said earlier in this thread, the universal phone holder is not 100% universal. Worked great on my old iPhone 4 with a case. It fit nice and snug, and because of the thickness of the phone it kept the "arms" nice and squared up.

With my Galaxy S4 without a case, the phone is very thin with a rounded back. In order to hold the phone nice and sturdy, the arms had to be squeezed very hard. Eventually this caused the arms to fold in and one of them broke. So if you are using a thin phone.. that holder might not be the best option.

I'm personally probably going to remove the bracket, because I do not daily drive my car. When I'm in my car I'm out for a cruise and the exhaust and intake sound is the only music I need, so my phone stays in my pocket.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:32 PM

I more use it for navigation than music but the dual purpose works for my needs.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know if this was addressed but if you ever remove it can you see the cut area of the dash. I'd hate to do permanent damage to the dash if it looks terrible when removed.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Golfer2000
I dont know if this was addressed but if you ever remove it can you see the cut area of the dash. I'd hate to do permanent damage to the dash if it looks terrible when removed.
The cutting/trimming is done behind the visible portion of the dash, so if/when you remove it, you should not see ANY of the cut area...
Old 01-30-2016, 09:37 PM

Awesome! Ordering now thanks
Originally Posted by MikeekiM
Originally Posted by Golfer2000' timestamp='1454195543' post='23866868
The cutting/trimming is done behind the visible portion of the dash, so if/when you remove it, you should not see ANY of the cut area...

Quick Reply: Those with the Modifry dash bracket, get in here! (Install/review on Pg. 2)