Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

2015 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Old 05-15-2015, 09:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2015 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Wanted to post this here in case any of you are interested, we are putting an s2ki group together for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this again this year, it is July 18-19th

For those of you who have never heard of it it is a really unique vintage race that takes place every July in Schenley Park (Pittsburgh). It's the nation's largest vintage race event and the only vintage race event that is run on actual city streets. The best place to watch the races is from the Bob O'Connor Golf Course where the PVGP stages an International Car Show. The cars are organized by country of origin and are spread out over the entire golf course. Over 2,000 cars participate in the car show - it's really amazing to see so many interesting vehicles in one place! And most importantly, this event raises money for the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School. Last year they were able to donate a record $360,000 to those two very worthy causes.

Check out the post over on the Allegheny Forum (My link) and let me know if anyone would be interested. It's a great event and really worth the trip.

Here is a link to the PVGP's website (PVGP) and it even made it to Jalopnik (Article).

Thanks and hope to see some of you race weekend!!

Originally Posted by Sara!
OFFICIAL S2KI@PVGP INFORMATION

Get excited... the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is next month! Here are the details. I'll update this post if anything changes.

Registration

Registration is now open for the event. The cost is $30.00 per car. Read below first, then click here: Register!

IMPORTANT: On the second page of the registration process, you must enter "S2KI Allegheny S2000 Owners Club" in the Car Club Affiliation field. That's the only way for the PVGP people to know how much space to reserve for us. You'll get an email confirmation, but nothing will be sent to you in the mail and you don't need to bring any paperwork to the event. They'll have your information at the gate when you arrive. Post up here after you've registered so that I can add you to the attendee list!

The organizers have asked that we all register by July 8th (I know the site says July 16th, but we're special) so they have time to map out the different club areas. I'll post a reminder a couple of days before then. Just to be clear, there are no refunds and the event is rain or shine. Also, if you absolutely can't preregister, you can pay at the gate on Saturday. However, there's a possibility that there won't be enough room for you to park in our designated S2KI area, so I recommend preregistering.

Caravan and Arrival

The main event for us will take place on Saturday, July 18th. The gates open at 9:30am. Walt (cilocar) and I will be there waiting to direct you to our area and line up the cars. You guys seem to be fans of caravanning places, so I'd like to use that as a tool to streamline the arrival process. If everyone could get there at the same time, or at least in a couple of groups, it would be much easier to get everyone parked. As we get closer to the event, I'll post information about a caravan meeting spot. It will most likely be the same place as last year, but I need to confirm that nothing has changed. You definitely don't have to caravan in. If you're preregistered and you've posted here that you're coming, we'll save a spot for you. I would still suggest getting there as early as possible though, just in case the other roadsters get anxious and start creeping into our territory.

I know some of you are planning on going both days (myself included), but on Sunday you can come whenever you want. No caravan necessary. Sundays are much less crowded, so even though we won't have a special blocked off section, you'll probably be able to park together anyway.

Lunch, etc.

You can bring a picnic lunch if you'd like or you can buy food there. The food for sale is county fair style - think Italian sausage sandwiches and funnel cakes sold from a trailer. This is a BYOB event, if you're into that kind of thing. We've been approved to put up a pop-up tent (just one - I'll bring it) for shade this year, probably up near the tree line where we were hanging out last year. I recommend bringing lawn chairs, sunscreen, and plenty of water. It gets hot out there! And of course, wear comfy shoes.

Here's some additional info about the PVGP rules and such: General Event Information

Hotel Suggestions

For those travelling from out of town for this event, I have two hotel suggestions:

Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - McCandless, PA (a few bucks more than the Hampton, but it's brand new and in a cooler location)
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd.

These hotels aren't the closest hotels to the event, but they are the closest hotels to my house, which will serve as a home base throughout the weekend. I'm happy to give hotel suggestions for other parts of Pittsburgh - just send me a PM.

If you're new or want to relive the memories, here's the thread from last year's event: S2KI@PVGP 2014

That's all I've got. Please let me know if I'm leaving anything out or if you have any questions. I'm so excited!
Old 05-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,918 Posts

Going to try to make this one
Old 05-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Community Organizer

Hope you guys make it!
Old 05-16-2015, 04:25 AM

Received 224 Likes on 78 Posts

I really need to pencil this one in
Old 05-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm in for this
Old 05-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pgarratt
I really need to pencil PEN this one in
Fixed it for you!
Old 05-29-2015, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as the weather is okay I am down!
Old 05-29-2015, 04:22 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by pgarratt
I really need to pencil this one in
Hope you can make it this year Pete. Let me know if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by kaptaink2002
As long as the weather is okay I am down!
Awesome!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:04 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Mike,

Is there any preferred hotel or accommodations, or location where we should be trying to book?
Old 05-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Community Organizer

We haven't gotten that far in the planning process yet. I will talk to Sara tonight and try and figure out the best location for people to stay and let everyone know.

Quick Reply: 2015 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix