S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

CR steering stiffeners

Old 01-08-2009, 02:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INTJ' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:41 PM
Voodoo what is your deal? You constantly challenge people when you don't even have a clue of the verbiage, let alone the engineering. I called you on the tire issue last week.

I can't tell you why or your buddies can't feel a difference. I can. Don't like the part fine by me.

The threadjacking comes from the useless drivel about sway bars. Not the same absic subject, but you knew that.
You will need to refresh my memory regarding the tire issue you "called" me out on. While I'm sure I'm not an expert on every subject, I'm also sure you aren't either. Luckily I don't have to be an expert to offer my own thoughts on a matter.

You must have a very sensitive ass

The useless drivel as you call it regarding the sway bar is not useless. Just because you think the stiffeners wasn't added for the sway bar, doesn't make it not relevant. While I would agree with you, some obviously have a difference of opinion, which they are free to have. Something that I think the R&C forum lacks.

Of course everything said above is mearly my opinion on the matter.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but Voodoo, answer the all important question raised; "what is your deal?"
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe honda created some parts that don't do anything to make us all fall out
Old 01-24-2009, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by alejo' date='Jan 7 2009, 07:50 PM
true that, no difference in feel.
After putting the bracing in, I'm kinda agreeing that there isn't much improvement in feel, if at all. I don't think I feel much difference; however, bear in mind the S doesn't get much use in the winter.

Having said that, and as a slight aside, what would improve the steering feel? Hemi joints at the tie rod ends? Metal bushings for the steering rack?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by pyrocpu' date='Jan 24 2009, 10:52 PM
After putting the bracing in, I'm kinda agreeing that there isn't much improvement in feel, if at all. I don't think I feel much difference; however, bear in mind the S doesn't get much use in the winter.

Having said that, and as a slight aside, what would improve the steering feel? Hemi joints at the tie rod ends? Metal bushings for the steering rack?
add some castor if you can
Old 03-12-2011, 09:53 AM

sorry for bringing back an old thread. After installing these braces, I noticed the M10 bolt that goes through the rear brace has nothing to attach to on a non-CR subframe. This negates half the point of installing these braces; no additional connection to the actual subframe.

Does anyone happen to have a pic of this area of the CR subframe?? I wondering how plausible it would be have a suitable boss welded on.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by prj3ctm4yh3m
sorry for bringing back an old thread. After installing these braces, I noticed the M10 bolt that goes through the rear brace has nothing to attach to on a non-CR subframe. This negates half the point of installing these braces; no additional connection to the actual subframe.

Does anyone happen to have a pic of this area of the CR subframe?? I wondering how plausible it would be have a suitable boss welded on.
Hmm interesting point you found there since I was thinking to add on this myself to complete my CR conversion.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm trying to see if I could get a part made that would finally tie the rear brace to the subframe.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by macr88
I'm trying to see if I could get a part made that would finally tie the rear brace to the subframe.

That would be great!

I dont know how the CR subframe look like so pics would be great... may be we can collaborate
Old 07-13-2011, 07:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Looked at a CR tonight. It's a small inverted metal channel with two tabs on either side. My AP2 has small holes where the tabs appear to be welded to the CR subframe.

edit: looks like you could make one out of a thick aluminum plate about 3" triangle, tapped for four small screws using the existing holes in the AP2 frame, and tapped for one large bolt from the bracket or you could just use a spacer and drill down through the frame and use a longer bolt with a nut.

Quick Reply: CR steering stiffeners