S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Mating a AEM UEGO to a FlashPro

Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I found the ELD dosent work.. but the ECT2 does.
I got very strange readings though:

Name:  AFRcomparison.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  15.7 KB

Not sure why this is, my actual AEM gauge which runs off the same sensor was reading 14.7...strange how flashpro is picking it up as 13.7.
The search for a voltage drop beings.

I guess I could use the voltage offset feature to get it reading what it is on my gauge.

Dan
Old 05-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I would change the grounding location for the UEGO
Old 05-20-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by gernby
I would change the grounding location for the UEGO
Where do you think would be the best place in the footwell area? Mine is currently grounded to the point next to the fuse box, I would of thought it would be a decent place as there are a few other items grounding off that point.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan1987
I think with S2000's FlashPro only allows us to uncheck the ECT2.
I am going to try reconnecting the ELD pin in a second to see if there is any voltage at all seen, if there is then I know its to do with my UEGO, if there isnt a voltage then it would seem like for some reason the pin isn't the pin it should be, maybe the pin-outs are different between USDM and EDM cars although they look exactly the same apart from the ECT2 pin is empty.
I guess I could try putting a pin into the ECT2 terminal and perhaps it will pick it up.

I shall keep you updated.

Dan.

I went and checked in the FlashPro software before I posted about unchecking ELD. The box is there, and by the information on Hondata's site...that box needs to be unchecked for it to work properly.

I'll be installing my Innovate LC-1 fairly soon, and this is how I'll be doing it.

Check here http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/index.html for more good information. Click on Index, and then go to wideband.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by xredjar
Originally Posted by Dan1987' timestamp='1305905448' post='20596778
I think with S2000's FlashPro only allows us to uncheck the ECT2.
I am going to try reconnecting the ELD pin in a second to see if there is any voltage at all seen, if there is then I know its to do with my UEGO, if there isnt a voltage then it would seem like for some reason the pin isn't the pin it should be, maybe the pin-outs are different between USDM and EDM cars although they look exactly the same apart from the ECT2 pin is empty.
I guess I could try putting a pin into the ECT2 terminal and perhaps it will pick it up.

I shall keep you updated.

Dan.

I went and checked in the FlashPro software before I posted about unchecking ELD. The box is there, and by the information on Hondata's site...that box needs to be unchecked for it to work properly.

I'll be installing my Innovate LC-1 fairly soon, and this is how I'll be doing it.

Check here http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/index.html for more good information. Click on Index, and then go to wideband.
Ah ok,

I have checked and this is an option for the USDM cars, unfortunately the EDM cars don't have this option available on our calibrations.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Gotcha Dan....that does explain a lot. I'd been trying to do my homework before installing mine, and figured maybe I could help. Didn't realize you had a EDM car.

Good luck & hope you get if figured out.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 AM

I have connected my uego to ELD output of ECU and set uego controller to test mode (by disconnecting sensor cable) so uego outputs 2.35v but the flaspro reads 2.75v so I had to use wideband voltage offset option in a flashpro, wondering what can be the reason since it's not voltage drop..
Old 09-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vadik_s2k
I have connected my uego to ELD output of ECU and set uego controller to test mode (by disconnecting sensor cable) so uego outputs 2.35v but the flaspro reads 2.75v so I had to use wideband voltage offset option in a flashpro, wondering what can be the reason since it's not voltage drop..
Why do you say it's not a voltage drop? If the ECU is reporting a different voltage than the UEGO is putting out, then there is a difference in the reference that the ECU is using (ground). If you ground the UEGO to the same ground as the ECU, that will probably fix it.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by gernby
Originally Posted by vadik_s2k' timestamp='1315816390' post='20964020
Why do you say it's not a voltage drop? If the ECU is reporting a different voltage than the UEGO is putting out, then there is a difference in the reference that the ECU is using (ground). If you ground the UEGO to the same ground as the ECU, that will probably fix it.

Well I'm not into that electric stuff so I assumed voltage drop = lower voltage than needed. Thank you for the advice! I'm not sure if I'm gonna rewire uego's ground, cause stock dbw sensor really reads very accurately (flashpro shows almost the same values from the stock sensor) I think if I corrected offset correctly it will read fine..
Old 09-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

The problem with using the voltage offset in the software is that you never really know if the offset is consistant. You can't assume that the difference in voltage potential between 2 locations will remain the same. It could vary based on temperature, humidity, or electrical load among other things.

Quick Reply: Mating a AEM UEGO to a FlashPro