UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Wheels on my Yellow S

Old 05-24-2011, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Wheels on my Yellow S

Well, I have hibernated my S for about half a year, but I have now decided that it's about time to take it out for the summer. In order to get it roadworthy and pass MOT, I have been searching for used wheels/tyres package for the past few months. As always, people tend to only sell their wheels when the rear tyres are near illegal. After months of looking around, the only package which is within my budget and with reasonable tyre tread is a set of Slipstream in Gunmetal with polish lip.

Personally, I am not a big fan of polish lip. I have been thinking really hard about it because I have always wanted full black wheels on my yellow S. After much deliberations, I thought I'll just get the wheels and change the polish lip colour at some point. Over the last few week, I came up with a cheap idea of changing the lip colour rather than getting it professionally done. And the result is.......

This is my first attempt on it, so I am pretty satisfied with the result. If you're wondering how it was done, basically, I got bought some yellow vinyl rim tape to stick on it. If you're really close up to the wheel, it's not that perfect because you'll see the overlapping joints and some minor gaps between two strips. Also, I have left the inner side of polish lip untouched, but it's difficult to notice as it reflects the gunmetal colour from the main wheel body.

Anyway, I hope most of you will like it as I do. But i'm sure some of you might think it's a bit chavy....
Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I quite like it I think clear side indicators would look good.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:56 AM

Looks good mate, what offset are the slipstreams? Any fitment issues?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe it's ET45 fronts (7.5"), and ET48 rears (8").

No idea whether there'll be fitment issues yet as I can't drive the car until the 1st of June. But i doubt there will be as my arch had been rolled by the previous owner. Having said that, most rota wheel for the S is the same spec and i've not heard anyone with problems.

Originally Posted by sanchez
Looks good mate, what offset are the slipstreams? Any fitment issues?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 PM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

Looks ok but a bit hard to tell from the pics , a pic of the wheel would be more enlightening.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think your wheels look stunning - I was going to have my wheels re-alloyed this year and was going to do them black, but your colour combination looks terrific!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned

i can imagine they look better then with a polished lip but personally not a big fan of the yellow sorry
Old 05-24-2011, 02:21 PM

ahh i like it!! looks quite smart! but yeah a close up of one of the wheels would be nice
Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 PM

I Really like the look of your car mate
Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Subtile, I like it, (and I'm not known for liking visual mods) but this works.

Quick Reply: New Wheels on my Yellow S