S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR Seats

Old 03-20-2012, 04:56 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Good update looking forward to pics. This has me anxious to order this week.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

waiting for pics.... I need to do some cleaning too
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I ordered the Sonax cleaner myself today. It helps Phil has a spring sale going on as well, which saved some money on my order.

Sale particulars.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/938...ailers-domain/
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap, just placed an order with DI
Old 03-20-2012, 08:09 PM

Alright, here goes:
My passenger seat was much dirtier than the driver seat so I decided to use the Sonax on that and the Adam's on the other. The passenger seat's bottom had some sort of soda or coffee staining on the back edge and was noticeably darker than the driver seat. The driver seat didn't look very dirty, it was just your average DD dust/grim. I'll admit right away that the pictures probably won't be much help but both seats turned visibly brighter after the cleaning. Both seats were cleaned with the Griot's Garage interior cleaner in late fall which made little difference. I sprayed each seat with the product then agitated gently with small sponge (the ones that come with P21S products). I followed that by gently scrubbing each seat with a damp micro fiber cloth then blotted dry with another micro fiber cloth.

The Products:

Driver Seat Before:

Driver Seat After Cleaning With Adam's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner:
These were taken last after dinner so the lighting is different, hardly representative of the actual result.
EDIT: After further review the photos aren't as bad as I thought.

Passenger Seat Before:

^I have no idea what that stain was. It wasn't water soluble and the Griot's didn't do anything to it.
Passenger Seat After Cleaning with Sonax Upholstery and Carpet Cleaner:

Its probably difficult to tell but the coffee/soda stain is gone and the fabric looks almost new.

I would say the Sonax Upholstery and Carpet Cleaner was superior as it required very little scrubbing. Even though the passenger seat started out as the dirtier of the two, I think it came out looking the cleanest and brightest.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The seats from my roll over are disgusting! They have airbag powder on them. I used the adam's cleaner on them and it took all the powder away and cleaned them up pretty good. I still want to get some sonax to try out. Also just bought a steamer and will give that a whirl as well.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:18 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by zetarhopike
Crap, just placed an order with DI
Pm Phil at DD, I'm sure he will work something out for you price wise.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 AM

I would but my order was from Detailed Image, I split my orders between the two as DI has some stuff DD doesn't carry like Dodo Juice Products and Chemical Guys Products. I must say though that Phil and Sue are great people to work with. The Metro Vac Master Blaster I bought from them had some issues and they were great during the replacement process plus they let me use a coupon.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the review! I'll be getting some Sonax then

While searching, I came across another Sonax product that says its safe for Alcantara as well. What do you guys think?

http://tinyurl.com/7palfws

Cant seem to find it anywhere though
Old 03-21-2012, 06:34 AM

I used the Leather Master stuff recommended early in this thread and it worked OK but I'd love to try something else. Also, the leather master instructions recommend using something call a NuBuck cloth to get the fibers to stand again, does anyone know what that is or where to buy it?

Quick Reply: CR Seats