Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Parade Laps/BBQ for Cale - November 6, 2011

Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Received 463 Likes on 273 Posts

All,

It was nice to see every one today. It was good to see everyone that I have known in the S2K Community over the last eight years that I have been active. Although as at most meets, there never seems to be enough time to talk to everyone and "meet and greet" others.

All in all a good day (including the weather).

See you next year (if not before then).
Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huge thanks to everyone who came out, from all of us at NASA! We hope you had a great day. It was so wonderful that we (and I say 'we' because of course I contributed as did many other event officials) raised a new record $1957 for the scholarship. Sorry I didn't get to spend more than 30sec over at the GTG and sorry you couldn't make it Alison, you were missed!

Oh, here's a phone pic from right after I handed the bullhorn to Skip:

Thanks again everyone,

Jon
Old 11-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, Jon. Pretty awesome work by NASA.

Here are a few snaps from today.

Thanks again to everyone.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:38 AM

Received 681 Likes on 388 Posts

zeke never got back to me about donating remotely or not... anyone know if i can? i'd like to make that total a little higher
Old 11-07-2011, 03:24 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

that dog was awesome if you had food
Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks to the organizers and folks at NASA for putting it all together. Great to see everyone (except our volleyball coach) and glad to see more money was raised than last year. Chris I see you still have great photo skills. Cale was a special guy as you can tell by the response he generates 3 years after he left us.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was truely a great event to be a part of. It was nice to see old/new friends and new faces in our community and supports a great cause for our dear S2KI family member, Cale. It's always my pleasure to contribute in any small way on this event, so I hope everyone can forgive me if I did not make it to the parade.
I decided to stay back, fire up the grill and get the burgers ready when everyone is back from the great parade lap. Guzman and his son, Jr. did a great job in manning up the hot dog and sausage grill.

Great job to Alison and the rest of the team for organizing this event.

Sorry I did not get to talk to Cale's Mom and immediate family member that attended. I will make sure to talk to everyone next year when we do this again.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great weekend and a very nice gathering for Cale! Thanks to everyone who made it such a success.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getfast
Huge thanks to everyone who came out, from all of us at NASA! We hope you had a great day. It was so wonderful that we (and I say 'we' because of course I contributed as did many other event officials) raised a new record $1957 for the scholarship.

Thanks again everyone,

Jon
For those of you that don't already know, Jon is extremely humble, but he's really the driving force behind all of this year after year. He and the NASA crew give us the space in the paddock, the time during the day to do our parade laps, provide us with tables and whatever else they can to make this event happen. Jon is also great behind the scenes with Cale's family. So for all of you that had a great day yesterday - make sure you thank Jon, as he's a HUGE part of helping to make this happen every year. Honestly, I just put up a post here and there and update it (sometimes really really late).

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
zeke never got back to me about donating remotely or not... anyone know if i can? i'd like to make that total a little higher
Contributions can always be made to: http://www.cale57.org/Contribute.html
Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 AM

Received 770 Likes on 460 Posts

This year went by so fast. I didn't get a chance to talk to nearly everyone and I definitely feel bad about that. Shirley, Darcey, Jim, Lou, Ron, Matt, Allan, and everyone else I missed having an extended conversation with, hope to catch up with you sometime soon.

That being said, it was a great time celebrating Cale's life and I am glad we could all be part of it again this year and raise money for a good cause.

Thank you to everyone

Quick Reply: Parade Laps/BBQ for Cale - November 6, 2011