Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Parade Laps/BBQ for Cale - November 6, 2011

Old 11-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

george,

if it is a little igloo with top also folding handle... i have it in the RV.

someone got the dogs....
Old 11-06-2011, 01:58 PM

Very nice seeing everyone again...Skip, Jim, Jeff, Bill.....and everyone else. I think this was as perfect as it could've been. Great weather, good food and great company. Good speech Skip, those are never easy. I think this was the best we could've done to remember Cale and he would've been proud because like Skip said....this is a family.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

What a great day to remember Cale. The skies were clear once again and the sun was shining down on us. Thanks to our grill masters, Keith for reserving our section of the paddock, and Alison for kicking off this thread and helping us get organized. (Sorry that you couldn't join us this year!)

Oh, yea, and a total of $1957 was raised for Cale's Memorial Scholarship Fund!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:52 PM

Dear whoever brought that cinnamon/caramel/nuts dessert thing,

WTH was that?!? It friggin rocked! Mah +1 kindly requests the recipe. Big thumb up.

+1 upvote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:53 PM

Also,

Great job on raising $$ for a great cause. Had a blast.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e3opian
WOOT!! that is AWESOME!! It goes up every year.. IN this kind of economy, it's great to see how generous people are.

I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there this year. My girls volleyball team was playing their season finale today. My co-coach couldn't cover me, so I watched them yo-yo between winning and losing.

At least you had great weather, and hopefully everyone had fun. Thanks to everyone for contributing and making this bigger/better every year.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 682 Likes on 389 Posts

i hope it went well!!! i was stuck in PA all day working on my saturn
Old 11-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 670 Likes on 423 Posts

It was great to see everyone, I didn't get to talk to as many people as I would have liked being so busy with the track/car. Thanks Ron for running the grill. It was great hang out with friends and remember Cale. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e3opian
What a great day to remember Cale. The skies were clear once again and the sun was shining down on us. Thanks to our grill masters, Keith for reserving our section of the paddock, and Alison for kicking off this thread and helping us get organized. (Sorry that you couldn't join us this year!)

It was great to see so many folks and meet a few new ones. It was proof of what Skip said, this is a family! A dysfunctional one maybe, but a family.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:45 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

To roll up and see familiar and new faces together again on a day like today, truly reminds me why I try to be apart of this community.

I've gotten to meet a few new folks, hang out with some of the older folks and be on the track for the first time ever.

I didn't even care for the fact we weren't going fast. I simply was happy just to finally experience what it's like to go through the turns and straight a ways.

But it didn't stop there. Ooohh no no Nooo! I've gotten to ride shotgun with the man himself. Skip. I gotta thank you for riding me in your car.... I mean letting me ride shotgun and taking me out on the track today

Those kinds of experiences to me are ones I'll never forget. Thanks again.

Last but not least, To Cale's mother and family. I haven't had the chance to come out to the previous events, so this year, Sandy and I couldn't let another year go by without joining the Family. It was great to meet you and Cale's brother as well. I personally haven't met Cale, but it felt as though he was there today hanging out with all the good friends.

Again, today was an awesome day despite Uncle Ron's new version of Two face from Batman displayed on his S2000. We're relieved that you're ok.....................................because SOMEbody had to make the burgers jk jk...don't kill me at work tomorrow lol.

Quick Reply: Parade Laps/BBQ for Cale - November 6, 2011