Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

SEAT LOCK ALTERNATIVE

Old 11-11-2011, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SEAT LOCK ALTERNATIVE

Hey there s2000 peeps. I have been trying to get for the longest time some seat locks or something to keep my seats locked down with a bolt that comes with a key. I will say there are many different types of bolts and techniques that could be used. I did a lot of research and reading and even PM'ed Kodokan because he got McGard to custom make some seat lock bolts for our cars.

The solution that I found and I think would totally work would be these lock bolts. They are made by Gorilla so I know they should be descent. Anyways what I suggest that I want to do for extra security would be to use these bolts then use a nut the can screw on from the bottom of the car. That would almost be impossible for a thief to take out the bolt then the nut. Or vise versa. But you get what I mean. Plus if your car is slammed like mine there's. No way someone's hand can go under your car or would you be able to even see the bolt. The reason why I'm posting these is because I've tried numerous times contacting Kodokan for the locks he got made and i had no luck. I don't care because that man is super busy.

So I decided to do some research and this is what I found. I'm going to order some and put them on with a locking bolt under the car as well and will have pics and reviews over the fitement and the product it self.

The Gorilla Lock Bolts $10!!, longer in length so you can use a nut from the bottom :-) You might want to get a washer to that fits.
http://www.wheel-caps.com/servlet/th...sh-S,-,/Detail

Kodokan's McGard made lock bolts $60. These are shorter in length to. But still bad ass!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:31 PM

good idea Jamsheddy, i believe at the end of the day anything that makes the thief stumble for even a minute will be a great defense.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even without the nuts under the car these should be way better than just normal bolts in place.The point is to catch these thiefs by surprise.They aren't expecting any kind of locks.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Benn-O
good idea Jamsheddy, i believe at the end of the day anything that makes the thief stumble for even a minute will be a great defense.
Yeah man you're right. After about 5 minutes of them being stumped they would give up.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by alleykat
Even without the nuts under the car these should be way better than just normal bolts in place.The point is to catch these thiefs by surprise.They aren't expecting any kind of locks.
Yeah youre right man. I just want my new seats to not get stolen and also get a sticker put on the outside window so atleast they read it before slashing the top :-/.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:16 PM

So i found out from another guy that posted on my reply in the "s2000 talk" thread. He said that even though when you take out the bolt you can see the bottom of the ground but the hole is not designed to make a bolt go all the way through. So that means what i stated about having a nut screwed from under the car wont work especially since this bolt is only 1.50in. in legnth. But these bolts can still work as a secure feature to seats. Like i said i ordered some and they come in Monday. I will take pics and install them and let you all know how it turns out and if it's worth getting.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:30 AM
R_W

I could always post up my solution... It is a semi permanent solution, but since it is your car, you will have the time to undo the bolts, vs a rushed thief.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jamsheddy
So i found out from another guy that posted on my reply in the "s2000 talk" thread. He said that even though when you take out the bolt you can see the bottom of the ground but the hole is not designed to make a bolt go all the way through. So that means what i stated about having a nut screwed from under the car wont work especially since this bolt is only 1.50in. in length.
A bolt can go all the way through the hole, I did it, it works. You just have to get a longer bolt, I used a DIY on the forum and custom made my own seat locks after my seats were stolen, i did my own because I didnt want to wait for kodokan seat locks. Plus I did some extra things on top of what the DIY says to do. Its also better to use two or three nuts instead of using one nut and also use high strength loctite thread locker.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:13 AM

Yah you guys are right. I will give it a try when they come in tomorrow.
Well I thought they wouldn't be able to go through cause someone told me that. But then again I don't think that other person actually tried. Idk. Well you did and you say it works so I will wait and see.
And yes 2 or 3 bolts would be better :-). Good looking out you guys. And sorry to hear your seats did get stolen. :-/.
What is your DIY?
Old 11-13-2011, 09:01 AM

Wouldn't these be more expensive than the Kodokan's. The Gorilla ones are $10 each and Kodokan's are $60 for a set. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: SEAT LOCK ALTERNATIVE