Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

SEAT LOCK ALTERNATIVE

Old 11-13-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 9krevvin
Wouldn't these be more expensive than the Kodokan's. The Gorilla ones are $10 each and Kodokan's are $60 for a set. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kodokan only gives you four locks (front bolt replacements only) so they come out to $15 apiece. They are trapezoidal though, so locking vise-grips should have a harder time grabbing them. Regardless, the Gorillas look like a good alternative especially if you can't get in touch with Kodokan.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9krevvin
Wouldn't these be more expensive than the Kodokan's. The Gorilla ones are $10 each and Kodokan's are $60 for a set. Correct me if I'm wrong.
No bro you get a set of 4 with the lock for $10 bucks!! That's way cheaper than kodokan. And through amazon it's free shipping. So $10 bucks out the wallet and to your door step. Plus you let me know if you can even get a hold of kodokan. I think his batch is on back order big time. I pm'ed him 3 times this past week. No response. I need a solution now! So this is what I found. Plus on other threads that i stumbled upon people are using these as well and with some Loctite and you got your self a DIY $10 locking system. I'm looking for anything that will make a thief take a lot more time trying to figure out. After about 5 minutes of trying to get these out they will move on to the next car. I am also going to add these as well. I know it's not McGard locking bolts but maybe if a thief sees this they might even save your top from getting slashed. :-/
Old 11-13-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can have kodokans in the front and make these for the two in the back. Dont forget to take out the seats and vacuum the carpet really good before putting on the seat locks/loctite AND engrave/mark your seats while you have them out of the car and take pictures of the engravings/marks.
http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.p...ght=seat+locks
Old 11-14-2011, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hustle_kaing
You can have kodokans in the front and make these for the two in the back. Dont forget to take out the seats and vacuum the carpet really good before putting on the seat locks/loctite AND engrave/mark your seats while you have them out of the car and take pictures of the engravings/marks.
http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.p...ght=seat+locks
No doubt thats a great idea. Especially the engraving. Oh and when i took out my seats. I found a dollar in change and a bunch of dirt. So vacuuming is a must! Thanks Kaing!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:59 AM

I believe these are for the front bolts as well (8mm). The rear bolts are 10mm.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 PM

what was the verdict? Did this work? are the bolts strong enough to be used for the seats? Curious on the review of this.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure you can have a final and useful verdict until someone does this and has their top slashed but the seats remain.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:55 AM

Yeah I doubt someone is willing to test that.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:26 AM

I have the gorilla's no issues here. I bought mine as a set on amazon.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jamsheddy
Hey there s2000 peeps. I have been trying to get for the longest time some seat locks or something to keep my seats locked down with a bolt that comes with a key. I will say there are many different types of bolts and techniques that could be used. I did a lot of research and reading and even PM'ed Kodokan because he got McGard to custom make some seat lock bolts for our cars.

The solution that I found and I think would totally work would be these lock bolts. They are made by Gorilla so I know they should be descent. Anyways what I suggest that I want to do for extra security would be to use these bolts then use a nut the can screw on from the bottom of the car. That would almost be impossible for a thief to take out the bolt then the nut. Or vise versa. But you get what I mean. Plus if your car is slammed like mine there's. No way someone's hand can go under your car or would you be able to even see the bolt. The reason why I'm posting these is because I've tried numerous times contacting Kodokan for the locks he got made and i had no luck. I don't care because that man is super busy.

So I decided to do some research and this is what I found. I'm going to order some and put them on with a locking bolt under the car as well and will have pics and reviews over the fitement and the product it self.

The Gorilla Lock Bolts $10!!, longer in length so you can use a nut from the bottom :-) You might want to get a washer to that fits.
http://www.wheel-caps.com/servlet/th...sh-S,-,/Detail

Kodokan's McGard made lock bolts $60. These are shorter in length to. But still bad ass!

So how did the Gorilla bolts work. What mods if any arerequired? Thanks. I appreciate your reply. Peter