S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Modifry Dash Bracket vs Panavise

Old 12-02-2011, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want, I can show you how mine is mounted. Ill have to go take a picture though. I have a japanese squeezy clip thing + double stick tape bracket that mounts directly in front of the right hand AC vent. The cord is out of the way of everything and all controls to the iphone are within fingertip. It works particularly well when I'm using the GPS on the iphone. I've had it there for pretty much a year or two and even though its only 3M tape, it hasnt budged at all. I was planning on making a aluminum bracket once this fell off but its never fallen off yet
-ah the best part was that the clip itself was 10 bucks and I had some 3M tape lying around. The bracket comes with the clip along with a foam double sided tape (which I didnt use).
Old 12-03-2011, 07:43 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

post it up!!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:24 AM

^^X2
Old 12-03-2011, 01:57 PM

I <3 my modifry bracket for my iPhone..

Old 12-04-2011, 04:19 AM

im using the modifry dash bracket with a custom phone holder, i like where its at because i use my phone for navigation/music as well and its at a good location where you dont have to look off from the road. when i have the usb cable plugged in, it is pretty close to first gear when you shift but it does not bother me
Old 12-04-2011, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmms8
i have the modifry dash bracket along with proclip iphone 4/4s holder. it is the only solution i would even consider. its a little expensive but well worth it. i use navigon and i could not be happier with the placement. it does not get in the way of anything and is right in my face.
+1 to this. It is my setup as well. I do not use the swivel part of the proclip mount, just the phone holder. Bolted right onto the Modifry bracket.
Also, I use Waze instead of Navigon. Works for what I want (great real time, crowd sourced traffic), I seem to always be ~10 minutes behind at least 4 other "Wazers".

The only down side to not having the swivel, is I cannot adjust it if it catches the sunlight. It isn't a big deal, unless the top is down.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by operator207
Originally Posted by bmms8' timestamp='1322846316' post='21204837
i have the modifry dash bracket along with proclip iphone 4/4s holder. it is the only solution i would even consider. its a little expensive but well worth it. i use navigon and i could not be happier with the placement. it does not get in the way of anything and is right in my face.
+1 to this. It is my setup as well. I do not use the swivel part of the proclip mount, just the phone holder. Bolted right onto the Modifry bracket.
Also, I use Waze instead of Navigon. Works for what I want (great real time, crowd sourced traffic), I seem to always be ~10 minutes behind at least 4 other "Wazers".

The only down side to not having the swivel, is I cannot adjust it if it catches the sunlight. It isn't a big deal, unless the top is down.
ive heard nothing but great things about waze, at an unbeatable price too!

Some mention that the USB cable get into the way of shifting into first. where is your usb wire going from the phone?

on my pioneer stereo, the usb port is on the right side, i connect my wire and bring it behind and under my proclip to connect to my phone. ive never had an issue with the cord getting in the way. ill try to post a pic of my setup soon
Old 12-06-2011, 03:19 PM

i have both currently. the modifry is for my phone and the panavise is for my ipod. (why not get iphone you say? i love android too much)

i like the modifry because it puts the phone in good view for using gps,and is out the way.

the panavise gets in the way of opening radio door but i control my stereo with the ipod so there is no need to open the door at all.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:22 PM

ill get a pic of my setup and post it up later today. Im gonna have to use something else to mock up the "phone" since I only have the iphone as my camera
Old 12-06-2011, 07:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the radio door open/close with the Panavise mount with iPhone mounted?
I already bought the mount and picking my phone mount. Thinking of getting the Proclip mount.

Quick Reply: Modifry Dash Bracket vs Panavise