Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Luxo Barge

Old 11-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Citroens, Passats?

Fecking amateurs...

If you're playing this game you need at least 5 litres, several cows and strictly petrol
Attached Thumbnails Luxo Barge-66-blank.jpg  
Old 11-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaddafi
Citroens, Passats?

Fecking amateurs...

If you're playing this game you need at least 5 litres, several cows and strictly petrol
Indeed. You should close the thread now OP.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:53 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

OP does not like Jags, so presumably the Daimler does not meet requirements
Old 11-21-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

I used to work near a Jag breaker. They were not well designed cars and that may have coloured my opinion.

the seats need to be flat but not soft apparently.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:26 AM
Banned

If we're going to discuss peasant metal like Passats or old diesels you could always change the thread title to ex sales manager cars and Rich and I could start one called ex (or current in Rich's case) captain of industry cars.

Just a thought.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:41 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
I used to work near a Jag breaker. They were not well designed cars and that may have coloured my opinion.

the seats need to be flat but not soft apparently.
They were largely antiquated and the tooling worn out, so lead-loading was a problem.

Really, the X300 was the first properly (re-)engineered one (remember the XJ40 was a decade old by the time it was launched) as Ford actually threw some money at the company for the first time in forever and put some modern processes in place.

I'd trust the aluminium cars much more, since they are truly modern engineering, but it will be a few years before they are junk money and have 4WD across the range.

Jaguar seats are usually uncomfortably soft & flat. But ignore the Rlegendo then; I find the seats probably the most comfortable that I have ever sat in. Better than Volvo, who seem to have lost the plot a bit on seats in recent years.

How about a Lexfiniti? They have absolutely no image, ought to be reliable, but I have not much experience of either.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

E Klasse
C Klasse
Old 11-23-2016, 01:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaddafi
If we're going to discuss peasant metal like Passats or old diesels you could always change the thread title to ex sales manager cars and Rich and I could start one called ex (or current in Rich's case) captain of industry cars.

Just a thought.
We need a catch up. I raised that cash from two PE houses and the seller then put the price up to £8m at the last minute, so we pulled our bid.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RichUK
We need a catch up. I raised that cash from two PE houses and the seller then put the price up to £8m at the last minute, so we pulled our bid.
Don't blame you. Sounds way too rich (no pun) to me. PM me what your diary looks like next four weeks. City/Worthing/Goowood.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:56 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

we are talking a long time ago on the Jags, when i was a stoodint paying me keep at my old mans engineering place (late 90s)

apart from the propensity to rot there were stupid things the like of which my brother's alfa mimicked, electric bits being under watery bits and stuff like that. I drove a very old XJ and it was akin to steering a boat in smoothness. I guess this is where the problem lies, an air sprung citroen nina had as a pool car once was the best passenger ride i've experienced but she hated it's numb helm

i might just upgrade her Qashqai.. maybe an HRV/CRV ticks the box if there's a reasonably quick one. Hers is a 115bhp petrol claiming 11.6s and feels incredibly slow

i'm warming to this idea and leaving my cars as is

Quick Reply: Luxo Barge