Middle East S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from the Middle East and Gulf. Covers: UAE, Saudi, Quatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bharain.

Where do you maintain/upgrade your S2k in DXB?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you maintain/upgrade your S2k in DXB?

Hi All,
As it's my first post here let me introduce myself.

I own a S2000 in Dubai for almost 2 years now. I've seen quite a few around since then.
It's a 2k8 silverstone grey full stock. I bought it from the first owner who had been maintaining it with Honda. (and also wasn't driving it in the VTEC range)

So, lately I've had the CEL which came on out of nowhere. I had a quick look at the manual, and took it to Honda SZR.
First thing they did was to reset the ECU memory... When the guy called to told me that I figured out they didn't knew what they were doing...
Anyway, the next day i come pickup the car with the firm intention to take it to Al Khail and make the light come on again in order to teach them that a ECU memory reset is not a fix.
I start the car : CEL ON.
Ok, so i don't even have to waist time runinng it... No, instead i waisted 1hr in the waiting room waiting for them to reset the ECU memory (again??) and get the code...
So they told me that the exhaust O2 sensor was dead (which one? at this stage i didn't knew that there was 2 of them), so i ordered the part and drove the car under 4krpm for quite some time...

Now, the sensor is replaced, the CEL hasn't come back yet (before it use to take 3km on SZR) so it seems to be good. But they also told me that the catalyser seems to be dead (they've seen it while replacing the damn sensor).
4k4 AED for a catalyser? Wait, if i need to pay for something on the exhaust line, why not replacing the full exhaust with something which sounds better/louder?

The bottom line is: I'm getting tired of Honda/Trading Enterprises/Al Futaim, do you know any trustable garage where we can do a proper service/checkup in DXB?
Secondly, where to go to change the air intake/exhaust down here?
In final, what tires do you put on your S2k here? For a mixed use : (10%track / 90%road)

Thanks,
HaPo
Old 06-26-2013, 12:25 PM

Look nowhere else other than LAP57 garage in Sharjah.
They are the best in market for S2000 diagnosis and repair. Lots of S2000's, Nsx's and other Hondas come there for repair work at reasonable cost.

Call Rizvi at 050-1770057.

Aamir.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:25 AM

There are quite a few places in town, but not as good looking or showing professionalism in stealing as the Stealership.

Lap57 is good if you can live without your car for few days.

Al Taeif Dubai is another good place. Best thing about them is you can drive in with your car and drive out the same day with all the required repairs done, they are quick. 0509410176 (u can use me as reference if you want, my name is Ashfaq)

There is another place on BMW Rd sharjah, do not have their number or name but they are cheap

You are bound to be stolen from, if you do not know what you car needs or recognize the symptoms, half the work involves you. Hence the Stealership stealing from you, just pushing things you do not need.

Good Luck!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:24 PM

as others have said, Rizvi at Lap57 is the man to see.

Another stealership trick is to tell you your pads and discs need changing, when they dont.

As for the cat, buy a test pipe or an HFC instead. For an 08 you will need the defouler/CEL fix attached but its a worthwhile mod.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 AM

As the gentlemen's mention Lap57 is the place to go.

HFC or TP with cell fix is cheaper option, though shipping cost is a pain.

I've bought an OBDII scanner as a cheap invest
Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 AM

Thanks for the advices
The CEL switched on again yesterday...
If only it happened in winter i wouldn't care driving the bikes the time to get it fixed properly, but it's tough with current mid-day temperatures.
It might be the cat which is actually dead finally.
If I put a test pipe on, would it be an issue for RTA testing? (it's registered in Dubai)
Old 07-08-2013, 09:15 AM

No problem with RTA.
I just renewed mine 3 months ago without any problem.
Go for it.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM

Great, I'll try to go to LAP57 to talk about this and other things.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 AM

Tell Rizvi at Lap57 that Aamir from Honda referred you.
He will give you a good deal and probably shed a few dirhams from my next service / work.
LOL.

Aamir.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:18 PM

If you have replace the secondary sensor recently with al futtaim and now having it again. Then it might be a different fault and not the catalytic converter. ( I don't think a busted one will cause a engine check)

Sometimes the error code thrown are very general and not specific at one point, even it does show (hard to explain) lol
since its all connected.

Im guessing a Secondary Air Pump fault (which I have, since I remove it the whole system )

I have a obd2 mini scanner that can erase a fault - we can test it to your car if you wanted to