S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

SBG Lower Cup Review

Old 12-18-2016, 08:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SBG Lower Cup Review

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a quick review on the install of the new SBG Ohlins DFV Extended Lower Cups that have generated a lot of interest on this sub.

Sakebomb Ohlins - Album on Imgur

I've been running autocross on my DFV's for about a year now and as I've learned more about car setup I came to realize that the biggest limiting factor with these coilovers is the rear shock travel and adjustment. In order to get the travel optimized you need preload, but with that preload comes a limitation on ride height. I had begun to investigate a variety of potential solutions that could allow me to add this necessary preload without compromising ride height. I considered installing rear roll center adjusters as well as looking into fitting custom extended top hats to these coilovers. Fortunately for me, SBG reached out to me with specs on their solution, a reworked lower shock mount, and I was sold. I put down a pre-order for the first production run and I couldn't be happier with the solution at such a great price point.

These cups do exactly what is needed with little hassle and I'm hoping that this extra adjustment will help me continue to fine tune my car's handling and performance.

Big shout out to SBG for continuing to provide the S2k community with new and innovative products!
Old 12-18-2016, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it as simple as spin the Ohlins lower off and thread the SBG lower onto the damper? I've been really interested in these since I learned about them two days ago.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David C
Is it as simple as spin the Ohlins lower off and thread the SBG lower onto the damper? I've been really interested in these since I learned about them two days ago.
Yep! It just threads right on and from their you can start your height adjustment.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:28 PM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Rmgibson
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a quick review on the install of the new SBG Ohlins DFV Extended Lower Cups that have generated a lot of interest on this sub.

Sakebomb Ohlins - Album on Imgur

I've been running autocross on my DFV's for about a year now and as I've learned more about car setup I came to realize that the biggest limiting factor with these coilovers is the rear shock travel and adjustment. In order to get the travel optimized you need preload, but with that preload comes a limitation on ride height. I had begun to investigate a variety of potential solutions that could allow me to add this necessary preload without compromising ride height. I considered installing rear roll center adjusters as well as looking into fitting custom extended top hats to these coilovers. Fortunately for me, SBG reached out to me with specs on their solution, a reworked lower shock mount, and I was sold. I put down a pre-order for the first production run and I couldn't be happier with the solution at such a great price point.

These cups do exactly what is needed with little hassle and I'm hoping that this extra adjustment will help me continue to fine tune my car's handling and performance.

Big shout out to SBG for continuing to provide the S2k community with new and innovative products!
Thank you very much for your order and review! We always love to hear feedback on our products and are glad they helped you out! If people are interested we have already placed an order with our machine shop for the second run of lower mounts. PM to get on the list for the second run of parts!
Old 12-18-2016, 10:32 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by David C
Yup! The mounts are a direct replacement for the standard lower mounts. Simply remove the standard mount and ours threads on in it's place. Our mount will allow a higher than stock ride height all the way down to 2" lower than the standard DFV lower mount.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I PMed you the other day about getting in on the next batch.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:45 PM
Sponsor

Right back at ya! Thanks for the interest