Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Arkansas Run Invite

Old 09-16-2003, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arkansas Run Invite

For those of you that do not know, the Ark-La-Tex Club has not had a function in months and I am not even sure it still exists. However, there are several of the ex members that still like to get together once in a while.
Hopefully one of those occasions will be this coming October or early November. We are trying to put together a run to Arkansas during the fall colors. Plans are to arrange the trip so that those who can only make a one day run can and those who want to make a two day run can do that.
Hopefully we can all meet at Broken Bow, Ok and proceed from there to Beavers Bend State Park. From there we would drive to the beginning of the Talimena Trail in Ok. and on to Mena, Ar. That should pretty well make a full day.
For those who wish to make a two day trip, the second day's run will take in Magazine Mountain in Ar.
Because its difficult to know how soon the leaves will color and we can't plan too far ahead for nice weather, notice of the trip will be short.
For those who are interested, including sports car enthusiasts not owning an S2000, please send me a private message. I will keep everyone informed as plans progress.
This should be a fun event and a chance to make new friends.
Thank you,
Hal
Old 09-16-2003, 09:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hal, this sounds like a great time. You'll notice that on our club calendar that we have an AR Fall Colors drive scheduled for Oct. 18th. It's here BTW https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=98142

We are not bought in to this date yet but it would be great to coordinate the two clubs. Let's put our heads together and see what we can come up with.

Thanks,
David
Old 09-16-2003, 09:58 AM

isn't OCT 18th a little early for fall colors?

my wife has a cousin in LittleRock, i will ask him.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:55 AM

I hopefully can attend! I'll be coming from Oklahoma City, and might be able to bring another S2000 or two, and gonna bring it up with a friend of mine with an NSX.