Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Central Texas Forum Policies

Old 10-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Texas Forum Policies

UPDATED 1/19/2009
The Central Texas Forums are a place for those within a generously large radius of the cities of Austin and San Antonio to come together with a common purpose. That purpose is to enjoy their S2000's. There are many ways to do this, whether it be simply on a daily drive to the office (at which point you log onto this site), contribute suggestions/tips you found regarding these cars, or planning group events in your area. The idea of this forum is to provide a welcoming place for everybody in the region to come together.

In the past, there have been some strong personalities that have existed in the Central Texas forums. As with anything else, this is sometimes unavoidable. However, this is not the place for it and there will be a strict policy in place to take care of those that try to cause problems. The first time something happens, a warning will be issued. The next time, more drastic measures will take place. The idea is to maintain a comfortable environment for everybody.

1/19/2009 update- We no longer permit for-sale posts in the main Central Texas forum.
A new For Sale sub forum was added for use of s2ki members. Guest FS posts are no longer allowed. Some folks feel the need to 'bump' their posts to the top of the list on a daily basis by posting unnecessarily to their thread just to generate traffic on it. As of 1/31/2008, this will be strictly forbidden. Any threads unnecessarily "bumped" more often than once per week will be closed/locked.

With all of that being said, I would like to personally welcome everybody to the Central Texas forums -- we welcome contributions from old and new members alike. If you are new to the area, keep a close eye on the postings for events taking place. With more and more active members in both cities, you will see events taking place very frequently -- come out and be a part of the fun if you can make it to one of the events.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly or post a new message on the forums.

Thanks, and enjoy your stay.

Ricky
Old 10-28-2004, 05:41 AM

You might have noticed in the last day or two that this forum once again has a Co-moderator. I'll be assisting on the northern end of things. The Central Texas forum is a great place to meet S2000 owners and drivers of other makes with similar interests in the Austin, San Antonio and surrounding Hill Country area. I'll be helping to ensure this forum remains a place where old and new members feel welcome to visit. A larger community than meets the eye exists in this area and we are looking forward to larger participation on this forum and in local events.
In order to keep this forum an attractive place to visit I intend to assist Ricky in an effort to keep things civil. As stated before this is a forum where debate and opinions are welcome however personal attacks are not. If you cannot keep it civil it doesn't belong here. Take it elsewhere if you have to. If something does happen I would encourage our community members to leave it alone and not take the bait. We will deal with it. We need less "drama" and more constructive content. If you have any concerns about our policies or any questions and comments I would welcome you to send me a PM. I'd like to believe we can get along without the need for much moderation.

Keep it civil please,

Stefan
Old 01-17-2009, 08:41 AM

Notice January 2009 For Sale Post Policy Change

The Central Texas Forum now offers a separate sub forum for the use of S2KI members. In the past we allowed FS posts by members and guests. Guest posting was allowed by the board's owner at the discretion of the community organizers.

Unfortunately there have been problems and scams reported. The board's owner believes the instance of these problems will be reduced if FS posts are restricted to members only. In this case if a problem were to arise the identity of the member will be known vs. an unknown or otherwise anonymous guest.

Members are to place For Sale posts in the new sub forum located near the top of the main CenTex forum page.

All member For Sale posts will be moved from the main forum to the new sub forum. Guest For Sale posts will be removed from the board.

If you have any questions about this policy please feel free to contact your CO's, rickycrx and svann.