Vancouver Island Vancouver Island S2000 Enthusiasts

engine noise

Old 04-12-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That will be nice james. Im still waiting for billman about my tct. His away till 18 of april. If i get my tct then i prolly get them to install it for and also adjust my valve.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just going to toss this out there for anyone who needs (or might need) work done. If you ever need a quote you can shoot me a PM and I'll definitely get back to you as soon as possible. We are a full shop that is MORE than capable of any diagnostic work as well as have virtually every tool for damn near every job. Years and years of experience in the shop on all makes and models from the old balls winter beaters all the way through to your Sunday cruiser Porsche, NSX, etc.

Just thought I'd throw this out there as an option.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 PM

Oh do you work at the place I saw your car? The place Chris and Blaine were working out of while they were waiting for the new shop? I know the place. Wasnt there a guy working out of there with a yollow civic, blond haired guy.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:26 PM

Just throwing out another option, could be injectors. Mine has been making a ticking noise for a long time now. I listen to it at about once a month with a stethoscope to see if the noise is changing or getting worse, and every time the only place I can find ticking coming from is the injectors. Can't find anything else wrong with it, so I am just monitoring it. Oil comes out clean (no metal shavings), car runs great, just annoys me to have a light tick tick tick.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tom.D
Just throwing out another option, could be injectors. Mine has been making a ticking noise for a long time now. I listen to it at about once a month with a stethoscope to see if the noise is changing or getting worse, and every time the only place I can find ticking coming from is the injectors. Can't find anything else wrong with it, so I am just monitoring it. Oil comes out clean (no metal shavings), car runs great, just annoys me to have a light tick tick tick.
could be but im not really sure about that unless i get it diagnose or something.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:23 PM

hey dave, anyways just to let you know im going to 5252 on moday cos thats when im there. but yeah ill let you know what date.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by DDonovan
Oh do you work at the place I saw your car? The place Chris and Blaine were working out of while they were waiting for the new shop? I know the place. Wasnt there a guy working out of there with a yollow civic, blond haired guy.
Yeah I work there, car is there Monday -> Friday
Matt worked there when we had the gas station part (which is now gone) and then used to come in for a few hours to clean and close the place. Also, same place that Chris and Blaine worked out of, yes.
Like I said, I'm in no way knocking those guys, I like them and could walk in their shop any day and bullshit with them. My feeling is just that people think since they have a dyno that they are the only people capable of working on "performance" type cars which obviously isn't the case. Again, if anyone wants/needs a price on something PM me and I'll get back to you. It would at least give you an idea of the general costs of things

Edit. Call before you go on Monday. They used to be closed Sunday and Monday
Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 AM

I would not be able to go Monday..., working. Sorry.