UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New member :) advice on exhausts

Old 04-27-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member :) advice on exhausts

Hi,

Just signed up to this today. Bought my S2000 2 weeks ago and i love it so far! Been looking for one since before christmas and finally managed to get one, after almost buying a few others and being messed aound by sellers/scammers etc!

Anyway bit of an upgrade from my old car, a Mk 6 Fiesta Zetec S.

So ive bought myself a Silver AP2 early 06 (just before the tax increase) and the previous owner had the wheels refurbed in a gun metal grey kind of colour, hard to tell from black unless you're up close tbh.

Will try to upload some photos as ive just given it a clean. (How do i upload photos?)

Havent done anything so far but my plan is just to keep it nice and subtle, with some meisterr zeta r coilovers hopefully next month, and a new exhaust, which is what im hoping i can get some advice on, ive spent a lot of time looking over the past couple of weeks at Invidia N1, Q300, HKS Hi power and Greddy Ti-c, i think ive narrowed it down to one of the Invidias, but i cant decide which. I have heard the N1 is very loud, is it mind numbingly loud though? Which is why im thinking the Q300 may be the better option, but dont want it to be too quiet, a few pops on decceleration would be nice

Anyone have any opinions? Any help appreciated, cheers Joe
Old 04-27-2014, 09:48 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by joetindale1
So ive bought myself a Silver AP2 early 06
Tut tut tut, second one today, but never mind.

Welcome,
Old 04-27-2014, 09:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi.

A lot of people do the exhaust mod as it doesn't cost much to do. It adds a bit of noise compared to standard, but probably isn't as loud as what you are looking for. It's worth searching for 'Uk exhaust mod' though so you can read about it.

Your 2006 S2000 is an AP1 by the way, all UK cars are AP1's. Only the 2.2 engined cars are AP2's and we didn't get them.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:23 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by joetindale1
Hi, just signed up to this today. Bought my S2000 2 weeks ago and i love it so far! Been looking for one since before christmas and finally managed to get one, after almost buying a few others and being messed aound by sellers/scammers etc!

Anyway bit of an upgrade from my old car, a Mk 6 Fiesta Zetec S.

So ive bought myself a Silver AP2 early 06 (just before the tax increase) and the previous owner had the wheels refurbed in a gun metal grey kind of colour, hard to tell from black unless you're up close tbh.

Will try to upload some photos as ive just given it a clean. (How do i upload photos?)

Havent done anything so far but my plan is just to keep it nice and subtle, with some meisterr zeta r coilovers hopefully next month, and a new exhaust, which is what im hoping i can get some advice on, ive soent a lot of time looking over the past couple of weeks at Invidia N1, Q300, HKS Hi power and Greddy Ti-c, i think ive narrowed it down to one of the Invidias, but i cant decide which. I have heard the N1 is very loud, is it mind numbingly loud though? Which is why im thinking the Q300 may be the better option, but dont want it to be too quiet, a few pops on decceleration would be nice

Anyone have any opinions? Any help appreciated, cheers Joe
Welcome to the forum

I can offer you assistance regarding the invidia N1, yes they're loud, yes they're droney beyond belief, but they sound amazing when you're on it. Pop's and bangs when letting off high up the rpm range.

The drone is vastly reduced when you get some bungs in there though.

The Q300 is also a fruity sounding exhaust, I'd have one over the N1, but they just don't look right IMO...
Old 04-27-2014, 11:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by joetindale1' timestamp='1398620475' post='23132204

Welcome,

Richmc A.K.A The AP1 Police

Hello and welcome By the way.

If you like loud and dual go for the Skunk2, thats loud.

Single is the way forward!
Old 04-27-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Originally Posted by richmc' timestamp='1398620914' post='23132211
[quote name='joetindale1' timestamp='1398620475' post='23132204']

Welcome,

Richmc A.K.A The AP1 Police

Hello and welcome By the way.

If you like loud and dual go for the Skunk2, thats loud.

Single is the way forward!
[/quote]

Yer but if you really want to get it wrong you may as well say you've bought a Honda Vanquish, same difference.

It will never be an AP2 and anyone who insists on calling it that after they have been informed must be more than a bit dim, a bit like making a cheese sandwich and telling everyone its a jam sandwich.

I'm not getting at the OP, he could have been told that by numpty sailsman or read it on Wiki, so now he knows.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:46 PM

Hi,

Welcome to the S2000 world. On exhausts I have an Apex'i N1 which is single exit. This has weight saving benefits as the standard dual system is heavy 25kg plus or something like that. Single exits tend to be louder. I don't use mine as a daily driver so loud is good for me, however thr Apexi'i N1 comes with a removable silencer. With this is the sound is decreased a lot, definitely liveable for a daily driver with it in. Then you have the benefit of easily removing it if you fancy a hoon.

Also Id go for one of the big brands as you get what you pay for.

Enjoy dude.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:43 PM

Custom exhaust from solid fabrications to your exact spec (single exit in my case, so much better) also about half the price of an off the shelf item.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:48 PM

Sorry yeah i was under the impression the pre facelifts were ap1's and the facelifts were ap2's, but now i know ha.

As far as exhausts are concerned, cheers for your help, im not looking for an insanely loud one really, and ive heard the skunk2 is very loud.

I like the idea of a Q300 although like Toms1989 said they dont seem to sit as nice as the N1's, i think i might go with an N1 with titanium tips, however might have to look into the bungs like you were saying, never heard of them before so not too sure what they are though.

On a side note ive decided what wheels ill be getting when i have the money, enkei rpf1's in black, they look amazing!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:57 PM

Although now am unsure between the Invidia N1 and the Apexi N1, they both sound nice.

Ive seen the Invidia N1 for around £630 on tarmac sportz i think it was, do you know where i could source an Apexi one from?

Quick Reply: New member :) advice on exhausts