Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Has pricing really gone this crazy in the past 12-ish months?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, New to the forum, but I've been on here multiple times. I've been looking for an S2k for some time now & pricing does seem to have gone up in this area. Eveything is either super expensive or has a rebuilt title. Luckily for me.. I believe that I have found my car. 2005 silver w/ black interior, 32k miles for 17k. Guy's local & car has been babied. I'll try pushing for a lower price, but realistically.. If I have to pay 17k, I will.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by F-U-B-A-R
Hey guys, New to the forum, but I've been on here multiple times. I've been looking for an S2k for some time now & pricing does seem to have gone up in this area. Eveything is either super expensive or has a rebuilt title. Luckily for me.. I believe that I have found my car. 2005 silver w/ black interior, 32k miles for 17k. Guy's local & car has been babied. I'll try pushing for a lower price, but realistically.. If I have to pay 17k, I will.
Yeah there are far worse deals. That’s a pretty good deal in today’s market id say, he may even be able to get more for it next spring if the economy stays the same. Spring/summer is the best time to sell a convertible, not by one. So you got that going for you if he wants to sell now. Offer him 15.5k and maybe he will take 16 or 16.5. 05 is a great year, most reliable engine/drivetrain and few more updates with 17" wheels etc and still drive by cable, which I prefer myself.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by F-U-B-A-R' timestamp='1442991891' post='23755242
Yeah there are far worse deals. That’s a pretty good deal in today’s market id say, he may even be able to get more for it next spring if the economy stays the same. Spring/summer is the best time to sell a convertible, not by one. So you got that going for you if he wants to sell now. Offer him 15.5k and maybe he will take 16 or 16.5. 05 is a great year, most reliable engine/drivetrain and few more updates with 17" wheels etc and still drive by cable, which I prefer myself.
Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good deal myself. I'm ready to hop on it ASAP. I'm checking the car out today. He & his wife just finished paying the car off, so the title is in the mail (he said give it 1-2 weeks). We could go to the DMV & get a quick title & do it there & then, but I don't mind holding out. I wasn't planning on spending anything over 16k so my cash reserve is going to be at an all time low lol (still have to deal with taxes to transfer it in my name). I was planning on offering him $16k & hope that he isn't offended by my offer. He already checked KBB & that put the cars value @ around $22-23k.

I wasn't interested in anything newer than an 05. I want the throttle cable.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:56 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1443026525' post='23755661
[quote name='F-U-B-A-R' timestamp='1442991891' post='23755242']
Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good deal myself. I'm ready to hop on it ASAP. I'm checking the car out today. He & his wife just finished paying the car off, so the title is in the mail (he said give it 1-2 weeks). We could go to the DMV & get a quick title & do it there & then, but I don't mind holding out. I wasn't planning on spending anything over 16k so my cash reserve is going to be at an all time low lol (still have to deal with taxes to transfer it in my name). I was planning on offering him $16k & hope that he isn't offended by my offer. He already checked KBB & that put the cars value @ around $22-23k.

[/quote]

I haven't checked the latest KBB value since my friend picked up an 05 3 or so years ago with 10k miles on it, talk about mint! But 3 years later and 20k more miles, im not too surprised to see KKB value now about the same as it was then to slightly more. This means our cars are holding or climbing in value, at least for clean unmolested ones. Go after it dude, take care of it but have fun and drive the shit out of it as it was meant to be
Old 09-23-2015, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by F-U-B-A-R' timestamp='1443034060' post='23755834
[quote name='s2000Junky' timestamp='1443026525' post='23755661']

[/quote]

I haven't checked the latest KBB value since my friend picked up an 05 3 or so years ago with 10k miles on it, talk about mint! But 3 years later and 20k more miles, im not too surprised to see KKB value now about the same as it was then to slightly more. This means our cars are holding or climbing in value, at least for clean unmolested ones. Go after it dude, take care of it but have fun and drive the shit out of it as it was meant to be
[/quote]

Yeah, I checked it out today & everything is legit. No Accidents or theft recovery. I tried to push for $16500, & I think that I may have scared him off. Said he would talk to his wife about it. He also mentioned maybe shopping around. I told him that if he was in any way offended by my offer, that I would still completely pay his full requested amount (17k). Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite me in the rear... Would hate to see this one get away.. I feel like this is the car that I have been looking for. I'll keep looking in the meantime, I guess.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1443070593' post='23756301
[quote name='F-U-B-A-R' timestamp='1443034060' post='23755834']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I checked it out today & everything is legit. No Accidents or theft recovery. I tried to push for $16500, & I think that I may have scared him off. Said he would talk to his wife about it. He also mentioned maybe shopping around. I told him that if he was in any way offended by my offer, that I would still completely pay his full requested amount (17k). Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite me in the rear... Would hate to see this one get away.. I feel like this is the car that I have been looking for. I'll keep looking in the meantime, I guess.
[/quote]

Wheeling and dealing is a fine art form, just like being successful and getting underneath a woman's panties, live and learn Deciding that you should be back peddling means you already lost the game. But there is always you and hope on the the bench and every once in a wile you catch someone that is more desperate then you
Old 09-24-2015, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by F-U-B-A-R' timestamp='1443074708' post='23756327
[quote name='s2000Junky' timestamp='1443070593' post='23756301']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wheeling and dealing is a fine art form, just like being successful and getting underneath a woman's panties, live and learn Deciding that you should be back peddling means you already lost the game. But there is always you and hope on the the bench and every once in a wile you catch someone that is more desperate then you
[/quote]

Seems like there's some game still left to be played. He got back to me later this afternoon! I was getting worried haha. He came back with $16750 & I accepted his offer. We're going to workout the rest of the details tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1443075810' post='23756333
[quote name='F-U-B-A-R' timestamp='1443074708' post='23756327']
[quote name='s2000Junky' timestamp='1443070593' post='23756301']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Seems like there's some game still left to be played. He got back to me later this afternoon! I was getting worried haha. He came back with $16750 & I accepted his offer. We're going to workout the rest of the details tomorrow.
[/quote]

Awesome! See, he was more desperate then you Congrats on what sounds like to be a great S2000 at a really great price.